“The only four Diamond restaurant in the area”
Review of 1895 Grille

1895 Grille
Ranked #11 of 53 Restaurants in Pinehurst
Price range: US$50 - US$70
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The 1895 Grille at the historic Holly is a Four-Star dining experience in every way. Serving breakfast and dinner, this intimate fine dining room features an exceptional menu straight from Carolina Farms to our tables. Our award-winning chefs also prepare nightly specials making each visit unique. Don't forget to order the triple chocolate souffle to cap off your perfect meal. Dress code: Dress slacks, collared shirt and dress shoes for men and corresponding attire for women. Tasteful denim allowed.
Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

Excellent service & fantastic menu. I had surf and turf and it was the best steak I'd ever eaten. Full of flavor, cooked exactly the way I ordered and almost fork tender. The moist lobster tail was served over creamy risotto with crunchy sugar snap peas. We had shrimp ceviche for appetizer. Delicious. And the chocolate soufflé was to die for!

Reviewed 12 May 2016

My husband and I and two friends went to Pinehurst for a golf experience. We ate at several of the restaurants in the hotels but none compared to the 1895 grill at Holly Hill hotel. The hotel has so much atmosphere since it was built in 1895. Every course was exceptional and the service was above par. Make a reservation in advance as it only has a limited number of tables.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

Our dinner was wonderful! the food was excellent and the over all atmosphere was great. Great place to go for anniversary or other special occasion. It is good for a couple who want peace and quiet, plus a very good meal. I would not take small children here for dinner.

Reviewed 14 April 2016

Good food, a lot of sauces which wasn't necessary . This is the best dining option in pinehurst at the hotel properties. Go into southern pines and venture out. Many good choices, just a 10 minute drive.

Reviewed 14 March 2016

I was visiting Pinehurst for the first time ever and had lunch at the Tavern here on Saturday March 12, 2016. I was by myself so I sat at the bar. The bartender was very friendly and efficient in giving me water and taking my order. I had a kobe burger with fries and it was very good, cooked just like I had ordered it at medium. My wife and I are already talking about a return visit to Pinehurst and this time we will plan on eating dinner at the 1895 Grille which I understand is excellent and based on the lunch in the tavern should be a great dining experience.