“Almost perfect”

Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Pineville
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Was traveling through NC and decided to stay for one night instead of driving additional hours. The hotel is in a business district so there are plenty of restaurant and shopping options close by. The hotel is clean, modern and very appealing from both the outside and inside. Parking is plentiful and there are several doors to access the guest rooms from the outside. In other words, don't worry about parking far away from main entrance. There are 5 floors. The first 4 are for "regular" guests. The 5th floor is for Starwood Preferred guests. I stayed on the 3rd floor. The room was spacious, luxurious and very clean. The TV has DirecTV service so that was super nice. The bathroom was huge and had everything I needed. I had a King bed which was super comfortable and clean. No complaints so far. Now for the not so good...

They only have ice machines on the 2nd and 4th floors. If this were a cheap motel, I can perfectly understand. Why? Who knows. Convenient if your room is on one of those floors but somewhat inconvenient if you aren't. And there aren't any signs posted anywhere to tell you...you have to call the front desk and then find the hidden ice machines.

The breakfast is an additional $5 per person and it's dine-in only. You can't take anything with you to your room. The "dining room" is very small so if you get there right at the busy time, you have to stand around and wait for a table or just forgo breakfast...which is what I should have done. After waiting for a table to finally open up, I attempted to get my breakfast from the buffet line. First of all, there were no plates or utensils. After looking around puzzled, a "waitress" showed up with a few plates, but no utensils. I got my plate and picked out some eggs, hashbrowns and sausage. But I couldn't eat without utensils. I asked the waitress were I could get them and she ran out to the kitchen to get some. Now mind you, this is 8:00AM in the morning...not 10:00AM when there are getting ready to shut down service. So I waited again for the utensils. Finally got them and sat down with my coffee. The coffee tasted like water flavored with coffee sprinkles. Just horrible. So I tried to eat instead.
The eggs, sausage and hash browns were cold. Again...this is 8AM in the morning. At this point, I decided to just discard all the food and went back to my room. Checked out of the hotel then went down the street to IHOP.

Would I stay here again? Yes, I would. But the breakfast was horrible...absolutely horrible. The waitress needs better training and the cooking staff need to upgrade the products. Or just stop offering breakfast and limit it to coffee and bakery items...if they can figure out how to make coffee.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Guest_Ser_Manager, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

TIm11408 thank you for your review about our property. We take everything mentioned in reviews and use them to better ourselves and our hotel. We would love to have you back and see the changes we are making to better suit our guest. We look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Exceptional service at from desk from Zoey. She went above and beyond assisting us when our keys weren't working. She handled everything with a smile and was a joy the entire time. The rooms are great and breakfast was delicious. Definitely recommend!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Guest_Ser_Manager, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Good afternoon Edward A,

Thank you for boasting about our wonderful staff as I'm sure Zoey can't wait to hear about her wonderful services! We take the time to make sure our guest have the most comfortable and honest stay as possible. We are here to make everything as uncomplicated as can be that way you can enjoy your time here in Charlotte/Pineville. We welcome you back again at any time.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

A suite gem.

Feels new, fresh.

Southern hospitality from the moment you stroll through the doors.

Loved the vibe of the lobby. Room 500 was spacious, clean, comfortable.

Wish I could've stayed longer.

Great value for the price.

Will return.

Oh, and a shout out to Lazarus! He 'raised' hospitable charm - to a new level. ;-)

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Mpfisher

Mpfisher thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. Don't ever wish to stay longer just do!! I see you had our Suite room and we are glad it fit your needs. We take great pride in our staff and I'm sure Lazarus would be thrilled to learn of our great comments about him. Anytime you want that comfortable and honest stay you can always count on us. See you next time when hopefully you get the chance to stay longer!!

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Hotel location great if you're visiting south Charlotte and Ballantyne area. Hotel is approx 20-25 mins away from downtown Charlotte. Staff are great especially front person names Kiran, he was very helpful during my stay. Room are clean and spacious. There is bar with cheap beers and good for socializing.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank KSeven T

KSteven T it was our pleasure of hosting you while you were in town on business. We take pride in our staff and will make sure Kiran is recongized for his hard work!! We are ecstatic that you enjoyed the bar and got the chance to socialize with our staff and other guest! For business or just to relax you always have the Four Points to take care of your lodging needs!!

Reviewed 12 June 2017

Our son got married in Charleston and we decided to take a couple of days to relax after that was done. We were going to stop in Columbia but chose here instead. No reservation and we got the last room available in the hotel.

The grounds, common area and there room were all very clean. Lots of shopping and restaurants close by. Our room was in the rear of the hotel and very very quiet and comfortable. We enjoyed our short stay and would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 10ringtraveler

10ringtraveler thank you for your nice comments about our property. This place is located in the perfect spot for shopping/dining and just enjoying what Charlotte/Pineville has to offer. We are thrilled you enjoyed but wish it was longer! So if there is anytime you find yourself in need of a good relaxing break remember you are always welcomed back to the Four Points!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pineville
0.4 km away
5.7 km away
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood
7.1 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte/Ayrsley

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville? Share your experiences!