Was traveling through NC and decided to stay for one night instead of driving additional hours. The hotel is in a business district so there are plenty of restaurant and shopping options close by. The hotel is clean, modern and very appealing from both the outside and inside. Parking is plentiful and there are several doors to access the guest rooms from the outside. In other words, don't worry about parking far away from main entrance. There are 5 floors. The first 4 are for "regular" guests. The 5th floor is for Starwood Preferred guests. I stayed on the 3rd floor. The room was spacious, luxurious and very clean. The TV has DirecTV service so that was super nice. The bathroom was huge and had everything I needed. I had a King bed which was super comfortable and clean. No complaints so far. Now for the not so good...
They only have ice machines on the 2nd and 4th floors. If this were a cheap motel, I can perfectly understand. Why? Who knows. Convenient if your room is on one of those floors but somewhat inconvenient if you aren't. And there aren't any signs posted anywhere to tell you...you have to call the front desk and then find the hidden ice machines.
The breakfast is an additional $5 per person and it's dine-in only. You can't take anything with you to your room. The "dining room" is very small so if you get there right at the busy time, you have to stand around and wait for a table or just forgo breakfast...which is what I should have done. After waiting for a table to finally open up, I attempted to get my breakfast from the buffet line. First of all, there were no plates or utensils. After looking around puzzled, a "waitress" showed up with a few plates, but no utensils. I got my plate and picked out some eggs, hashbrowns and sausage. But I couldn't eat without utensils. I asked the waitress were I could get them and she ran out to the kitchen to get some. Now mind you, this is 8:00AM in the morning...not 10:00AM when there are getting ready to shut down service. So I waited again for the utensils. Finally got them and sat down with my coffee. The coffee tasted like water flavored with coffee sprinkles. Just horrible. So I tried to eat instead.
The eggs, sausage and hash browns were cold. Again...this is 8AM in the morning. At this point, I decided to just discard all the food and went back to my room. Checked out of the hotel then went down the street to IHOP.
Would I stay here again? Yes, I would. But the breakfast was horrible...absolutely horrible. The waitress needs better training and the cooking staff need to upgrade the products. Or just stop offering breakfast and limit it to coffee and bakery items...if they can figure out how to make coffee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Four Points Charlotte-Pineville hotel is located in the heart of South Charlotte, we're convenient to the area's stunning array of endless restaurants, shopping choices, and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville
- Four Points By Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville Hotel Pineville
- Best Western Pineville
- Pineville Best Western