“Decent Hotel”

Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Pineville
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Stay Report - 8/30 - 8/31

Location: The hotel is located on Pineville-Matthews Road (NC-51) just off I-485. Across the street from the hotel is the Carolina Place Mall and there are also a number of restaurants around, several of which deliver through Postmates. Downtown Charlotte is 25 minutes away and CLT is 20.

Hotel: The hotel is only 16 years old and is in pretty good shape. The lobby layout is odd and cramped thanks to a large stairwell going up to the second floor and the elevator banks. On the right side of the lobby are the check in desk and a sundry store and on the left is a bar which also serves breakfast and dinner. The hotel also has room service. When I arrived there was coffee, fruit infused water and smoothies available for free in the lobby which were a nice touch.

Check In: Hurried and no SPG Gold recognition. I don't know if I got the Welcome Amenity points as I wasn't asked if I wanted them or points. I also mentioned I was alone and didn't need the room with two beds I booked but I didn't get moved to a King.

Room: I was on the 5th floor which is the SPG floor. The room was pretty impressive for a standard room. There was a living room area, kitchenette with microwave and fridge and work area. The only complaints are the fact that the wifi was nearly unusable from 6-8 PM and the conditioner container in my shower was empty.

Breakfast: I paid $5 extra for a AAA Breakfast Rate. There were cheese omelets and two kinds of sausage as well as waffle makers, cereal, fruit, yogurt and pastries. Service in the breakfast area was fairly nonexistent.

My rate was $98 and this hotel is perfectly fine for an overnight in Charlotte and certainly better than many other 4Ps I've stayed at.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Guest_Ser_Manager, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Sal_Paradise767 let me first say Thank You for being a loyal Gold SPG member, we know how much time through out the year that you spend with us in order to achieve that status. The review that you provided will be used to educate our staff and departments on the things we need to work on and the things that stand out most to the guest. We will love to see you back here at the Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte-Pineville and see the wonderful changes we have made since your review!! Hope to see you soon! Thank you.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

I am a loyal SPG member and looked for an option in the Charlotte area on our way home from Florida.

This property was rated one of the highest SPG hotels in Charlotte and was a great choice. It was only located 7 minutes off I77 and is in a great area of Charlotte.

Despite being an older property, it is extremely well maintained. Our check-in experience was excellent and the young lady on the Front Desk was very pleasant.

I booked 2 rooms and we were placed on the 5th floor. It was very quiet and restful. The towels were excellent and the beds were very comfortable.

As Platinum members, we were given a complimentary breakfast in the morning that was very good. Even if we had to pay, it was only $5 pp which is very reasonable.

We drove to Longhorns around the corner (not knowing how far away it was). You could definitely walk to this restaurant in about 5 minutes.

This area of Charlotte is very clean and safe. We would definitely recommend this as a stopover if your traveling I77. It is really not too far off your path.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve&Reen

Steve&Reen thank you so much for your review. We have heard multiple times that we are the half way point from the north to Florida because we are so close to I-77!! We love to hear that you enjoyed yourself here and also enjoyed the local area, we are located in the perfect dining and shopping area!! Any time you are traveling to or even through Charlotte you are always welcomed here!!

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

My family stayed here for a soccer tournament and were pleased with the hotel. The rooms were large and very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful even giving us a 4pm checkout which was clutch after finishing the tournament. Our girls were able to shower before we left for home. Breakfast was decent, offering both hot and cold breakfast options. The only negative was a strong smell of a cleaning agent. Something I got used to, but it tended to knock me down every time we entered the hotel. But, that's a small negative in a sea of positives. Definitely recommend the hotel and would stay there again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you Rob J for your comments on our property!! We are thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your time here during your soccer tournament. Those 4pm check outs come in handy so days like those with tournaments. I will speak with my housekeeping/maintanence and figure out what cleaning agent is smelling a little too strong. We appreciate the review and we would love for you and your family to join us here again in the near future!!

Reviewed 24 August 2017

The location of this hotel is convenient - right off the major highway, across from a major shopping mall/restaurants but set back enough that it didn't feel crowded, close to gas stations. Our destination was Carowinds, so we were perfectly situated. The rooms are very spacious and clean. Our first room was so beautiful - first thing we did was go look out the window and found the carpet soaked through. Which could have been a very bad thing, but the front desk staff immediately changed our room and BROUGHT the new key up to us. New suite was great. Can't give 5 stars for two reasons. The window blinds in the new room were busted (but we were only there 1 night so I didn't bother with that, just reported it so they could fix for the next guest), and the food/room service was not great. But 4 stars because they are SO friendly and tried so hard - but they couldn't help that the food was so disappointing. If it hadn't been severely thunderstorming that evening, I would have gone out to a nearby restaurant instead. But the staff were friendly, helpful and accommodating. The pool looked awesome - we really would have enjoyed it but within an hour of checking in, it was raining with gusty winds and the pool is outdoors.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Guest_Ser_Manager, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Lumic69,

Thank you for your honest review!! We hope you enjoyed your time at Carowinds as well as our hotel. I will definitely pass long this review to our departments and make sure we are taking action as needed. We hate that it rained during your stay but welcome you back anytime rain or shine!!

Next time in the Carolina's make sure you stop back here at the Four Points!

Reviewed 23 August 2017

The hotel is physically fine. The small bar/restaurant area could be a great way to spend an evening. Unfortunately, the hotel had one cook and one person who tended bar/took room service orders/delivered room service orders/waited on the restaurant. Any wonder it took 90 minutes to get an order of chicken tenders? Also, the "best beer" program fell victim to an unrepaired beer tap and what was in bottles was pretty bad. So, good physical plant with poor execution.

Stayed: August 2017

William H,

Thank you for taking the time to response to our survey. We take pride in our staff and property and will take the information given in your review to the departments attention. We have our beer on tap fixed now and would love for you to come back and sample our Best Brews at anytime.

We would love to have you back to see the changes we have made since taking your review into consideration.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pineville
0.4 km away
5.7 km away
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood
7.1 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte/Ayrsley

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville? Share your experiences!