“Great atmosphere and outstanding foo!”
Review of Gravy

Gravy
Reserve with OpenTable
Gravy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 1,484 Restaurants in Raleigh
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hargett
Transit: The R line stops around the corner on Hargett and South Wilmington.
Description: Ask any Italian-American what ‘gravy’ is, and they'll tell you it's the pasta sauce that their mothers and grandmothers cooked fresh every night. At Gravy Restaurant we take the same care, preparing our signature sauce every day using select tomatoes and locally grown herbs. The heart and soul poured into the preparation of traditional Italian-American dishes pairs with inspired modern twists and a focus on seasonal ingredients to define Gravy’s unique approach to this classic cuisine.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Farm to table restaurant with unique selections of Italian dishes while offering traditional favorites as well.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had amazing drinks, I had the rasberry-lemoncello martini, my husband had the manhattan and our friend a beer.

We ate apps of antipasto with olives and proscutto and assorted cheeses.

For our dinner selection I had the homemade tagliatelle with sausage and meatballs, our friend had chicken parm. We raved about our meals. My husband is gluten free and enjoyed his dinner (he misses fresh pasta). The service is wonderful, very attentive and the restaurant is, as always, packed even on a Tuesday.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had really high expectations coming in here, as I had heard a lot about it. I stopped in for lunch recently on a weekend, and found the place largely deserted (surprising), but service good and food tasty. The bread provided was tasty, and I opted for an eggplant parm sandwich with a side salad, which was very tasty. The eggplant parm had the right about of crunch and plenty of flavor, with a nice bread. Nothing special though, honestly, and I expected special. Interested to come back for dinner sometime and compare experiences.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This is a small place in downtown Raleigh serving some pretty decent Italian food. My dirty martini was perfect and made me hopeful about the rest of the meal. We started with risotto balls, which were cheesy gooey and very yummy, duck meatballs, also tasty but the portion is small and so is the size of the meatballs, and fried calamari, which comes with the standard tomato sauce dip but the calamari was fresh, crispy and well seasoned. I had the fish special which was black drum over Israeli couscous with goodies mixed in. I loved it. Others had lasagna, pumpkin ravioli, and family gravy. Everyone was happy with their orders. I finished with the panna cotta--divinely silky and super delicious. The place was busy but Wes, our server, was attentive and gracious. Portions are not huge....it's not family style, but we all left very satisfied.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We started with wine and cocktails, great wine selection. Next I highly recommend the risotto balls. I could have eaten all four of these gems myself but I'm glad I ordered the spinach cavatelli primavera. Incredibly delicious!! One of the best pasta dishes I have ever eaten, and this includes two weeks I spent in Italy. Garlic knots were just right with a slightly crisp outside and warm, light inside. Ask for a bowl of "gravy" to go with them.