Review Highlights
It could’ve been worse...

So I decided on drive shack for my 30th birthday because my brother whom I share a birthday with... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Falasia
Raleigh, North Carolina
via mobile
Great fun, pricey with a few drawbacks

Reviewed 29 November 2020

from US$41.19
from US$12.31
from US$10.00
More Info
All reviews non golfers a lot of fun great fun bays server ds games video
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 March 2021

The Bad:
-It's like a generic Top Golf: The furniture isn't as nice and it is uncomfortable, the place feels empty...just big, open spaces (Top Golf has things to buy / look at, foosball, pool, and better décor by far)
-Food is meh and inconsistent. It came out cold and bland. We had the boneless wings, fries with barbeque, pulled pork grilled chees, and the fried chicken sandwich...of which, the sandwiches were the best, fries were cold but decent, and the wings were soggy and cold.
-The waitstaff hates their job and lack supervision and / or training. Our waitress was literally not personable, and even rude. When our time was up, she said "You guys aren't going to be extending right?", like she was hurrying us out of there. I mean if you don't want to wait on people, get a different job! I have been to this establishment 2 times, and both were similar.
Literally, everyone that works there seems to not be in any way motivated or customer service minded. The only good employee we came across in the 2 visits so far was the guy checking us in.

The Good:
-The games are fun and there is a good selection to include playing actual courses.
-Decent place to practice ball striking if you don't have high expectations for service going in.

I surely hope they get this place on track to improve the experience, because it is fun, despite the lackluster staff and atmosphere.

Date of experience: March 2021
Reviewed 29 November 2020 via mobile

Go right at opening time to get the lower hourly rate otherwise it will be very pricey. Drive Shack is a lot of fun and we appreciate the efforts made to combat the coronavirus. We watched various bays being wiped down/sanitized, they do a thorough job of it. A few disappointments however during our last visit. I recommend installing ‘call buttons’ for wait staff as our server was very difficult to flag down to order food, get drink refills etc. We often had to ask random employees to find our server for us. This was not the case during our previous visit so we were disappointed that our server this time around was M.I.A. Having a call button would help the situation. Comment cards could help identify bad servers. We ordered less food and drinks due to the server issue so yes, it costs Drive Shack money when the server won’t stop by. 2nd disappointment was the condition of the Men’s Restroom on the 2nd level. It was less than clean, dirty water pooled on the sink counters, kids were leaning in it getting their shirts wet trying to wash their hands. Urine on the floor in front of the urinals. I mentioned this to an employee passing by who didn’t tell management as one hour later the bathroom was still in the same condition.
We will go back as there is no other place like this in Raleigh. Food is very good, not overpriced and comes out in a reasonable amount of time. The drivers are very basic, I recommend buying one of your own to get maximum distance on the balls.

Date of experience: November 2020
Reviewed 23 November 2020

My friends and I had a great time here, this was my second time picking up golf clubs{first time was many years ago and I didn't like it) and I really enjoyed myself. Price is very reasonable and staff is great. The food is great also.

Date of experience: November 2020
Reviewed 4 July 2020

inaccurate wait time. Parking staff unprofessional. Once you get in, it’s what you expect. Fun time but expect to be given multiple delays on how long the wait will be and when you ask why the front staff desk cannot give an explanation. Also while we waited four hours at 1pm on a Friday in July the parking staff harassed us about where we were parked and would not give clear directions to what it was exactly they wanted which as you can imagine would be an annoyance. Claimed we were in employee parking but no signs to back up their claim followed by threats of police while other people of a difference race were hanging out with no issue.

Date of experience: July 2020
1  Thank LAbrown2020
Reviewed 10 March 2020 via mobile

Went here on a Saturday morning with my two grownup sons. We had a great time! The drive bays remind of bowling lanes. Clubs are readily available in every bay. The price during the day was very reasonable ($25 per hour). We had no problem getting a bay by arriving at 10 a.m. We played for 2 hours. The food was typical for such an amusement place and the servers were very helpful and attentive. There’s some fun games you can play on the big screen TVs. And I wouldn’t golf more than 3 to a group (rent another bay if you have more), in order to keep the game fluid and not have to wait so long for your turn. We plan to come back!

Date of experience: March 2020
1  Thank Dana S
DayTrip26228840135, Manager at Drive Shack Raleigh, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2020

Thank you, Dana for the review and kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your Saturday morning playing games in the bay with your sons at Drive Shack. We hope to see you all back again soon!