“This place is great”

Price range: US$10 - US$30
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

It is totally worth the wait. This was the only place we saw in the area with a wait. As my family are die hard vegans it was great to see the place so busy. They have great selections and great food. Don't forget to save room for dessert.

1  Thank CVA11

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Food was excellent and as a meat eater, genuinely couldn't tell the difference with the 'chicken' tacos and 'chicken' waffles.. those and the mushroom pakora as starter were fantastic .... pulled pork was good just had Eastern NC BBQ as default ( wish it was on side) and I don't like vinegar
Highly recommended and will return
Note no reservations and decent line when we left at 7.30 so go early

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We have loved all of the food we have eaten at Fiction Kitchen! Great place to have a wonderful dinner before seeing a show in downtown Raleigh. Unusual and very tasty meals!

Reviewed 18 July 2017

This is one of my favorite places for Sunday brunch or dinner any night of the week. The menu options are delicious and creative! I especially love the farmers market specials. The menu slightly changes seasonally and I am always delighted by the new dishes added (and sad for the ones that have left the menu).

The menu is marked with options that are or can be gluten free and almost everything on the menu is vegan. I always have so many options! I love dinner, but my favorite time to visit FK is for Sunday brunch. The options are amazing and they make tempeh bacon and tofu scramble like no one else! They are must have items during your brunch dining. And the free-to-be pancakes!!!

If you are looking for dinner, bring a lot of people so you can share one of everything! If you are unable, make sure you have the cheese plate, featuring homemade cheeses paired with nuts and local jelly. And save room for dessert. The chocolate pie is out of this world. Two words: caramel sauce!

This place is great for families. They have high chairs and the staff is so friendly to kids. They are even willing to customize sides or plates to make them kid friendly. The wait staff always says hi to my son. It is a bit noisy there, so no one can hear if he cries or complains.

My only complaints are that I wish the place was closer to Durham, there was more seating, and that Sunday brunch didn't require arriving 30 mins before opening to get a seat.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I had the herbavore salad and it was spectacular. Vegan cheese here is great and I loved the fried mushroom appetizer. Great craft beer options too. A local favorite of mine, this place!