“Busy but great!”

Guasaca
Ranked #32 of 1,487 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: South American
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Wow was it busy for lunch!! The line was nearly out the door! However service was very fast, and you could tell they're well versed in the lunch time rush! Food overall was great, and very filling. A good place for something a little different!

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

I consider myself a faithful patron but lately plantains are THE only thing that's consistent at Guasaca. I came in today and saw the little sign advertising yellow arepas. I've had them before... and I thought it was just a TO-GO order error. But today I hoped to have yummy white arepas. Well, they don't seem to have them anymore. The yellow ones are gritty, too corny, and sweet... they are not bad, just not what I was looking for. I'm very disappointed! Plantains saved the day... but I'm unsure if they will be enough to make me come back or even recommend the place.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Guasaca is a smaller restaurant serving great Mexican style food, their arepa is very good, I tried the yellow vs the white and liked it very much

1  Thank Peter H
Reviewed 21 July 2017

Had higher hopes for this restaurant, which was very busy with a long line to order at the counter. Was also surprised at the fast food atmosphere of lining up to order, get your own plastic cutlery and drink, then go find a plastic table. Reminded me of Chipotle or Mo's in atmosphere. The food was good, but the rushed, hectic, fast food atmosphere was an not what I expected.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

We went here based on a groupon offer. The food here was very good, obviously priced right (with the groupon). Too bad this restaurant is away from home. Then again that might be a good thing as I would be here often.