“A must try in Raleigh if you like sushi and burgers! ”

The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar
Ranked #7 of 1,487 Restaurants in Raleigh
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Sushi
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Cowfish brings to the world the first restaurant focusing on offering both the best sushi AND the best burger in town. Fresh, innovative and delicious, the sushi segment of the menu is powered by the success of sister company, eeZ Fusion & Sushi. All natural, creative and hearty, the burgers entice with fresh, never frozen, ingredients and bold flavors. Spiked hand-spun milkshakes, premium sakes, craft beers, wine and 10oz exotic martinis round out a huge bar menu that is sure to please. The Cowfish aims to offer something for the entire family. Scrumptious appetizers for sharing, hot soups and entree-sized salads, homemade desserts and a fun kid's menu are joined by our signature creations that we call "Burgushi"! A cutting edge fusion of burger and sushi, burgushi items include sushi rolls created using burger components, and pick-up style sandwiches created using sushi components. If you can't make up your mind, try a bento box to sample a mini-burger along with your choice of sushi roll and three tasty side items!
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I tried this restaurant on a recent trip to Raleigh. We were so excited because we had heard awesome things about this place.
Definitely did not disappoint!
We got the tuna avocado tini as an appetizer. This was so good!!!
Then my husband got a bento box for his entree. It came with a burger, a sushi roll, edamame and some pickles. He loved it! He said it was perfect ... had a little bit of everything!
I got a couple of rolls - traditional California roll (because it's my fave) and the Miss Moffutt roll. Both were so delicious!
Can't wait to go back to try some others!

Jenny B, Guest Relations Manager at The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Thanks for sharing Shana! So glad you all gave us a try!

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Codfish is rare to disappoint and this last trip another solid outing. Friend had a burger and I had a spread of multiple sushi options. They have a good selection of draft beer that rotates. You will always fight the crowds and it can be loud during prime dinner hours but the food and service makes up for it.

Thanks for joining us!

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed my Fusion Bento Box: Shrimp Tempura Firecracker roll, Texas Longhorn miniburger, edamame, sweet potato fries and cucumber salad. Filling and delicious!!

This was my first time at Cowfish, and I would like to see one back in my area of Virginia Beach/Norfolk!

Jenny B, Guest Relations Manager at The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Thanks for sharing! So glad you enjoyed:) You never know where we will open next!

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Great food! Great people! Was told there was 1 1/2 hour wait when we got there. Or sit at the bar and get service now. Do the bar it was. Awesome bar tender! Forgot her name, but had awesome butterfly tattoos. She definitely knew how to put up with an annoying, somewhat intoxicated man......me. great service all night and the food was absolutely delicious. I got a big burger, wife got sushi. Not sure what kind, but everything was tasty. Will definitely be back if in the area again.

Jenny B, Guest Relations Manager at The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Awesome! Thanks for sharing and we will see you the next time!

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Typical frontage in biz office complex but once you enter it's an entirely new worl. Fantastic hostess and crew. A menu like I've never seen with specialty sushi rolls that make sense and fishes blend well together. And then the mix with Asian fusion and an elite hamburger service.....ill be back

Jenny B, Guest Relations Manager at The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Great to hear! Thanks for sharing and hope to see you soon!