“Wonderful Dining Experience ”
Review of Taverna Agora

Taverna Agora
Ranked #15 of 1,487 Restaurants in Raleigh
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Taverna Agora is an authentic Greek kitchen & bar where friends & family enjoy good wine, eat wonderfully prepared, simple food and relax. The restaurant is reminiscent of gathering places found in Greece, with old world flavors and rustic roots. However, Taverna Agora expands beyond the traditional agora with a few modern flares, including hand-crafted cocktails, a gourmet marketplace and Sunday brunch.
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Brianna F was our server...very knowledgeable about the menu and even things to do in the area. Food was fantastic. First time I have ever had Tzatziki, and it was fantastic. The lamb chops were perfectly prepared, and dinner was topped off with baklava cheesecake...two things I wasn't aware could even be combined, but it was most excellent. Excellent dining experience for someone as inexperienced as I was with Greek cuisine. Definitely a must-visit place in Raleigh.

WeCare-BrandManager, Owner at Taverna Agora, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thanks for the great review Tina! I'll make sure Brianna gets a shout-out!

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Met up with friends for brunch and we had suggested Taverna because they had never been there before. Although in previous visits we were happy with our meals this time, unfortunately, our meal was very disappointing and this may very well have been our last visit there. My wife and I each ordered the Greek omelet which had hardly any feta cheese and my wife described as tasteless. I agree. My friend's wife had the scrambled eggs and she wasn't very happy with it from the moment she was served. All our meals came with potatoes but the serving size left much to be desired of. Potatoes are relatively inexpensive and a great way to fill an otherwise empty looking plate, which we were all staring at when served.

Hi Juan - We’re really sorry to hear about your lackluster dining experience. I’d love to know more details about your visit if possible. Can you please email me at WeCare@TavernaAgora.com with your contact info and reference this review? We’d like a chance to make things right! -Tyler

Reviewed 14 September 2017

I can't imagine a better spot for amazing Greek food in Raleigh. We sat on the patio and enjoyed a lovely afternoon of shared plated and delightful Greek specialties. The trio of dips with hummus was my favorite and I can't wait to come back!

WeCare-BrandManager, Owner at Taverna Agora, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Thanks for the lovely review Adrienne!

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Had a great time, food and service was great. Enjoyed the selction of Greek wines and they had a special desert for my wife as well.

Thanks for the 4 star review!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

After sitting for hours in meetings this is a nice walk through the shopping area. The food was excellent and the server was very knowledgeable. Next to Holiday Inn.

Thanks for the nice review! Let us know how we can earn that 5th star next time you visit!