“Oh my goodness! Come here with an APPETITE! ”
Review of The Angus Barn

The Angus Barn
Ranked #8 of 1,487 Restaurants in Raleigh
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I came here for the first time this past weekend on a trip to Raleigh. The prices are fairly high for the meals ... but you get A TON of food! When you get there you get homemade crackers and 2 different kinds of cheese. Then you get a small plate of olives, pickles and other snacky things. Then you order!
My husband got a combo dinner with a filet and shrimp and I got the "petite" prime rib. The shrimp my husband got were HUGE! And so tasty! My "petite" prime rib was huge as well! And you get 2 sides with each entree! And bread!
Definitely recommend this restaurant on any trip to Raleigh! Was so good! The staff is so nice and the food is awesome!!

Angus Barn

A fine old guard style steak place. A fun place to visit too, like a rambling barn or hunting lodge.

Austin at the bar upstairs is a credit to the establishment – he figured out our tastes quickly and guided us towards what we’d like. Skilled, friendly and helpful.

Downstairs the main event: split a tomahawk steak, The people next to us pointed out: it looks like a Fred Flinstone steak. And it does - it came as ordered, rare, and was very good texture and flavorful, and not something we could do at home. Our waiter Peter was freely and efficient. We had the cinnamon ice cream (very nice and hard flavor to find) and the food came to around $125.

Suggestions: add a few key items to the bar: fresh lemon and fresh lime juice; and a bottle of Benedictine; so that the variety and quality of more cocktails can live up to the quality of tomahawk steak.

It was crowded even on a Thursday, so I'd recommend reservations.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

We haven't been in years & it was everything I remembered. All of the charm, friendly,prompt & courteous service. The food was excellent & I love the twinkling lights. Can't wait to go back.
S. McGarrity
Wilmington NC

Reviewed 21 September 2017

I haven't eaten here for 20 years and my question what is the big deal. The food was really not great especially considering how expensive it was. My fish was dry the potato was really not great. My husband steak was OK but at $37.00, no not worth it. Sorry but there are so many better restaurants in the Triangle try someplace else.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

We have been there for dinner - and shared a Tomahawk Steak of 2.5 lb.
It comes along with starter and sidedish. We had to skip the dessert as it was too much too eat.
The service is excellence and the restaurant quite unique. You have to go there to see it yourself.