“Exceptional Service and Wonderful Food”

Saint Jacques French Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Saint Jacques French Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,487 Restaurants in Raleigh
Price range: US$29 - US$45
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Spring Forest
Description: Saint Jacques French Cuisine is a traditional French restaurant located in North Raleigh. We serve authentic food with a respect for century old recipes, recreated for the taste of today. French Native Serge Falcoz-Vigne is the Chef with 30+ years of experience in the hospitality business in both France and in North Carolina. Also as a General Manager of the restaurant, he can provide to the guest a total experience from the kitchen to the floor with renowned French food and service.
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Have had St. Jacques on my "must go to" list for years, and I finally got there to celebrate a friend's birthday. You enter into a french bistro and are seated in a very nice dining room. Wonderful "french" wine list, excellent menu, fresh baked breads. We both started with a salad with blue cheese crumbles -- very tasty. The Chef arrived with a flavorful sweet and savory taste of a creamy duck pate - makes your taste buds pop. Before your dinner is served, you get a small taste of sorbet to cleanse your palate. For dinner, I had black bass served with peas, which was delicious, and my friend had sea scallops in puff pastry, also very excellent. Both dishes were flavored with delicate sauces as a base. For dessert we shared "Profiteroles with chocolate sauce - sooo good; and since it was a birthday, the saying "Joyous Anniversary" was written in chocolate on the rim of the plate - very nice touch. I would go back in a minute because I would like to work my way through the entire menu - all excellent choices. Exceptional service -- all servers assist all tables - they time it right, so you don't feel overwhelmed with servers. The Chef visits and he is very charming. This dinner was a very excellent experience - can't wait to go again. A must try! Very classy without being pretentious!

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Saint Jacques is located in a shopping center with a Harris Teeter anchor but don't let that keep you away as you are in for a treat here. They take reservations too so I highly recommend that as it is a smaller restaurant.

I was warmly welcomed when I entered and seated while I waited for the rest of the group. Service was impeccable by everyone and the chef came out to speak with those dining. My tea was kept refilled and the bread was brought out multiple times.

I ordered the filet mignon. It was delicious. It came with spinach and potato sides.

If you are looking for somewhere special to go celebrate this is the place to go.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

St. Jacques French Restaurant!!! Outstanding dining! Totally French dining experience with Executive Chef - Serge, Aaron (waiter) and beautifully prepared meal! 5 stars are not enough to rate the quality! Every single dish was beyond expectations! Beef Short Ribs, Salad, Rabbit appetizer, desserts (Creme Brulee and Chocolate Mousse with Rasberries)! Never thought we would find such fine dining in North Carolina! Service was outstanding and Serge was personally attentive to each table!. Our waiter Aaron was a delight!

Reviewed 16 July 2017

The poor reviews for this restaurant are all over a year old. I had not been here for over ten years because it was so bad back then. I went recently and was pleased with the changes.
General manger and chef Serge is awesome. He visited each table, some multiple times, during our dinner. Even though he is probably asked the same questions repeatedly, he enthusiastically talked about himself and his restaurant. He would speak French or English depending on the customer's language preference.
The food was like a roller coaster ride - ups and downs. A complimentary amuse-bouche of foie gras served like a crème brûlée indicated that the kitchen was willing to play with the food. A good sign for foodies. But then the French onion soup, as others have stated on Tripadvisor, was only lukewarm. The soup of the day had beets and grilled watermelon - very colorful and tasty. The rack of lamb was cooked perfectly and the accompanying potatoes served in a small ramekin were piping hot and stayed that way a long time. The boneless beef short ribs, however, tasted like a beef stew you could get anywhere. The Tarte Tatin had great flavor, but was almost impossible to cut with a spoon, which was the only utensil we had.
Service was hit or miss. We were impressed that those with dark pants were given a dark napkin while others had a white napkin. We had not seen that before in Raleigh. We had to flag our waitress down to get more water. Other reviewers stated that the service was slow. I think you should expect that in a French restaurant. It was nice to know that we could leisurely finish our appetizers without the main course being thrust on us before we were half finished as most American restaurants do.
Bread was a disappointment. Little cranberry rolls, focaccia, and baguette slices were served from a basket. That may have been sufficient 20 years ago in Raleigh, but we have many local bakeries now where fresh bread can be purchased. This bread tasted like it had been heated from frozen.
When we dined, Raleigh was having a heat wave. The air conditioner could not keep up. We saw at least one couple move to another table in an effort to cool down. It was warm, but not unbearably so, but considering most restaurants are kept so cold you need a down jacket to keep warm, we could understand how some people might want it cooler.
I think this restaurant is definitely worth a return visit if you haven't been in a few years. You may have a good meal or a fabulous meal, but either way, Serge will be the highlight.

1  Thank RaleighFrench
Reviewed 1 July 2017

My daughter and I made reservations at Saint Jacques is dinner together for some special mother-daughter time. The restaurant is located in a strip mall off busy Falls of the Neuse and doesn't look like anything special from the outside, but as you walk inside you are magically transported to a small restaurant in Paris. We were warmly greeted and seated right away. We learned that Chef Serge actively supports North Carolina farmers by using only the freshest locally-sourced ingredients in his recipes. The menu offered his interpretations of classic French cuisine, based on his many years of experience in Paris. We chose a delightful bottle of wine - Père Anselme, Côtes de Provence Rosé 2015 - which went wonderfully with the whole meal. We each chose an appetizer - my daughter chose the soup de jour which was a delightful smooth gazpacho incorporating watermelon, mint, and other fruits and I chose the classic Escargots de Bourgogne au beurre d'ail (French Burgundy escargots in a classic garlic and parsley butter). We shared the daily special entree with red snapper which was delicious, full of perfectly prepared vegetables and a smooth light sauce which was perfect for sharing so we could have room for dessert. We also shared dessert - Smorêve en chocolat (Dark chocolate and caramel with a bruléed marshmallow sauce and graham cracker crumbs) - with a perfectly prepared cup of coffee - a perfect ending to our meal. The table service was absolutely wonderful - always discreet but letting us know they were there if we needed them. A wonderful memorable evening of wine and delicious food!