“What we expected”

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 1,487 Restaurants in Raleigh
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located off I-440 in the North Hills Shopping Center. We offer authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for Happy Hour Monday thru Friday from 4-6:30PM and Saturday & Sunday 11AM-5PM at the FIREBAR(R) or on the patio. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Visit us online to learn more.
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We visited Firebirds as its reputation for good, casual dining is well known. We ordered sirloin, mahi, and the steak salad. All three entrees were fine, cooked to our tastes and served in a reasonable amount of time. The salad was excellent and the beef served as requested.

The only issue was the wine. We ordered a nice Cabernet and it came to the table cold! Really? We aren't wine connoisseurs but we know better than to serve a good red cold. To their credit, the staff opened a new bottle and replaced the chilled wine with a proper room temperature selection. Excellent!

We really like this grille and will go back often. Check the restaurant for wine specials on Mondays!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We came for a couples dinner on a recent Saturday evening. The service was good and our meal was very good too. However our walk to the table and to the bathroom & back was hazardous --- the floors were very slippery, a combo of spilled food & water. Also, there was a film of grease on the floors, making for a very slick surface. I tried to stay on the carpet, but greasy tile areas were unavoidable, & I had to hold on to the back of other customer's chairs to keep from falling! I would recommend rubber mats on the tile that can be removed for cleaning.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

One of my fave places to eat! Took a friend for dinner saturday night and was not disappointed! She was amazed at how big her plate was (her first time there). Service was great, food was amazing!

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

This wasn't the worst meal I have had, but would expect better for the price. Mixed green salad bland, spinach salad just average. I'm pretty sure the air conditioning was having trouble keeping up with a hot/humid day. I realize this is out of their control, but no acknowledgement from staff or manager. Would not return.

Firebirdsgrill, Guest Relations Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear Buckslolo,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent visit with us at our Raleigh location. I am sorry to hear we did not exceed your expectation with our food like our Mixed Greens and Spinach Salads. I am also sorry about how our management team did not acknowledge the temperature in the restaurant and I would like to look further into this to make sure it is fixed now. I will be sharing your feedback with our management team.

Thank you.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

I recently dined at Firebirds for lunch. It is a nice casual restaurant and had a lunch menu with many options. I chose the pineapple chicken which was grilled chicken with pineapple salsa and veggies. It was very good.

Service was very good too but I had to ask for a refill on my tea. Then the hostesses were more engaged on their smartphones than anything else.