Residence Inn Raleigh Midtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchencondo stylecondo complexfrench doorscomplimentary upgradetrader joesbahama breezefree breakfastwaffleswake forestraleigh areabusiness or pleasurebusiness travelerliving areawould stay againthe breakfast arearestaurants and shopping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here while visiting a friend. The room was gross. The sheets had markings on them. The closet doors looked like they had not been cleaned in months. The furniture was old and beat up. The shower had hair in it that didn't belong to me or my friend and the worst part is there was a mushroom that had grown outside the bathroom door. YES a freaking large mushroom fully sprouted outside the bathroom. The guy at the front desk was really nice and very apologetic but this place was horrible. Never again

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
00gc, General Manager at Residence Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear Jazmine H, Thank you for sharing everything you liked about our hotel. Thanks also for making candid observations about the overall condition of your room. Your feedback has been shared with the appropriate individuals in our organization. We do hope you will stay with us on your next trip to the area as we make progress toward a refreshed and renovated facility!

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed for one night on September 8, 2017. The room was clean and no bedbugs. We turned off the lights to go to bed. My mother decided to read a book and when she turned her light on there was a huge "palmetto bug" cockroach on the baseboard. We called the front desk and there was only one person working and she said nobody coukd assist with removing the bug. We had to put a cup over the huge cockroach and inch the cup to the door to get it outside. It was an awful experience. It was midnight and we had to leave at 9am to get back on the road, so we were stuck and had to stay. We tore apart our suitcases to make sure we had no bugs in our stuff. We moved everything but one outfit and our toothbrushes back out to our car. It was not a pleasant experience. We slept with the lights on and didn't see anymore bugs.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Lovemypug22, Thank you for feedback regarding your stay in our hotel and you enjoyed your room with the exception of an uninvited visitor. We are sorry for the "uninvited visitors" you reported in your room and assure you we do everything possible to discourage their entrance to our hotel. With exterior corridors and exterior entrances to each guest room, it is difficult to prevent them from coming into the rooms when the door to the outside is open. We are meticulous in providing clean, comfortable rooms for our guests and trust that our outstanding customer service in all other areas helped compensate for this rather unpleasant experience. We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

We got a king studio with a pull out couch. The room was nice but a bit small. We had our 15 year old daughter with us and the couch was too small to sleep on normal but the room set up was tight. We actually had to rearrange almost everything but the bed to get the couch into a bed for het to sleep on. The buildings had some wear and tear but the grounds were nice. The side walks were skinny only one person could walk at a time. The breakfast was decent and staff was nice.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
00gc, General Manager at Residence Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dear Heather L,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Raleigh Midtown. We are glad you were overall pleased with your room and service as well as facilities. That being said, I am sorry for any inconvenience you faced while being here. We hope the positive aspects of your stay will bring you back here.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I booked this hotel through Priceline a few months ago for the night of August 12 so I could attend the Hank Williams Jr./Lynyrd Skynyrd concert in Raleigh. After my friend and I drove 1.5 hours and arrived at the hotel at 5 p.m., we were told by Alexis that our room was not ready and would not be ready for another hour because the staff was not finished cleaning it. I asked Alexis why our room would be ready so late, since check in was at 3 p.m. and her only answer was that they had late check outs. I then asked Alexis if there was somewhere I could store frozen foods I had purchased since I didn't want them sitting in a hot car for the 4 -5 hours we would be at the concert, and she told me that was not her problem. Since we had to be at the concert at 6, we left and went to Walmart to purchase a cooler and ice and changed clothes in the car.

We arrived back at the hotel shortly before midnight and this time had no issues checking in. However, the buildings were not marked clearly so it took us 15 minutes of circling the parking lot to find our room (512). Upon walking in, it seems as if it was a decent hotel room. However, we went into the bathroom to discover a long hair on the sink. My friend took a shower, and discovered that the maids had given us two bottles of conditioner and one shampoo. Being that it was close to 1 a.m. at this time, we decided to not make a fuss and go to bed. When I woke up, I made coffee only to find that the lid to the coffee pot was broken off and just balanced on the carafe. I also discovered that the bathroom door did not lock. However, the worst was to come. My friend woke up and I noticed blood on the sheets. Upon both of us inspecting our clothes and bodies, we did not find any evidence of open wounds or blood on our clothes. After this we decided to check out and get away from this place. I checked out and spoke with Assistant General Manager, Tessa, who was very nice and listened to my concerns. She advised me to contact Priceline regarding a refund request. However, when contacted, Priceline advised that Residence Inn denied my request for a refund because the room I booked was non-refundable. Now, I completely understand non-refundable policies, but for me to get a room that was nowhere near as advertised and had multiple sanitation issues, I think it is ridiculous that I had to pay for the privilege of sleeping in someone else's blood!!

Room Tip: Don't ever book here!!!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
00gc, General Manager at Residence Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Please accept our genuine apologies for not providing the attentive service you expected. Our number one priority is to make sure you receive comfortable, clean accommodations. We hope you will accept our sincerest apology along with every assurance the issues you described have been addressed with our staff. We hope you will consider a return visit, and we will do everything we can to make sure your next stay is great!

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Check in was easy and very nice staff at front dest. Breakfast was very good, and good selection. Room was clean and a great size. Check out was also very good and the staff was very courteous. Would give the hotel more stars, but this was a family reunion and we asked to have rooms closer together, and it didn't happen.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
00gc, General Manager at Residence Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Dear San266,

Please accept our genuine apologies for not providing the attentive service you expected. You should have received better from us, and we will be using your comments to remind our staff it is never acceptable to neglect our guests in any way. We truly hope you will give us another chance to prove we are committed to providing outstanding hospitality.