“Last time going!”

Godfathers Pizza Rockingham
Ranked #33 of 54 Restaurants in Rockingham
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

My family and I went there for lunch around 1:25. The pizza wasn’t good at all. The pizza tasted very bland. We left half of a large pizza on the table. However, they had great customer service and a good salad bar. This was our second visit and we decided we won’t be going back.

Reviewed 22 April 2017

My general experience was pretty substandard at best.

The decor is in desperate need of attention, but I do understand that this is a small town which has probably suffered a severe drop in patronage due to the closing of the racetrack and the opening of waaaay too many well-funded fast food chains in the area. That being said, this is not an authentic pizza place, it's more like a junk food/fast food (almost mass produced?) cakey version of what pizza should be and for that, there is no excuse. Perhaps it's just not my thing.

Although the toppings were satisfactory, I found the bases to be claggy and unpalatable. I fooled my companions into thinking that I was having a good time by discreetly eating the tops off a couple of pizza wedges with a few salad pieces from the buffet salad bar. My companions seemed to be enjoying themselves; so if they know nothing else, what harm is there I suppose?

Our "enjoyment" was short lived as a big group of noisy, rough, uncouth people came in and made us feel very uncomfortable so we paid and left.

Reviewed 6 October 2016

always go buy this godfathers when passing through rockingham. about 3 or 4 times a year. don't have one anywhere near my home. Always take home a jumbo cheese. My favorite. Get my pizza stone hot and rub olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt put pizza on stone and 8 min. latter i have a great crispy crust pizza. Frezzes well for eating latter.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

I had never been to a Godfather Pizza so I didn't know what to expect. The pizza was good and a great deal. We ordered the classic and a cheese with Italian monkey bread. The classic was great and even just a plain cheese seemed special. Honestly we fought over the monkey bread. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I used to LOVE Godfathers Pizza in the '80s on family dinner night out. There were never enough restaurants serving deep-dish pizza (& still aren't!) and theirs was the best, along with a simple salad bar & fun atmosphere. I'm so pleased that the charm & culinary style of Godfathers has hardly changed at all! Never understood why they disappeared in the first place, bring more of them back!!