“Long trip cut short in Fed2 011”
Review of Rocky Mount Inn

Rocky Mount Inn
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Rocky Mount
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Long trip cut short in Fed2 011”
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I was planning on staying for 7 days to attend a class -First off it wasn't for the lady at the front desk I would have left after walking in to the room. They asked if it was ok to move me to the front of the building because it is closer to the parking lot...not that big of an issue. She was extremely friendly and warned me that room didn't have a Fridge or a micro and will be able to get a fridge the next day but wasn't sure when the micro was going to be in. That wouldn’t have been an issue till the next day when I would have gotten back. -Second once in the room the room was blazing hot, the hanging rack near the sink for your hanging cloths was about to fall of the wall. If my son was with me at this time I’d be afraid that it may fall off the wall. I had found 2 unknown poles sticking out of the underside of the bed to the inside of the walk are between the two beds. I had brushes my leg against them twice since I had been there. -Third the after looking around the room I had found that the bathroom was almost as bad as a High School gym shower after the football team has been in it. There was a hair on the side wall and a pubic hair on the back wall. To top it off the room service didn’t even bother to get someone’s bar of used soap on the rail. -Fourth the internet serviced sucked. It only worked for after spending 30-45 minutes to get in to connect and only worked for about 2-3hours before the connection was shut down. -Fifth was a warning from the front desk that the phone service was messing up. It turns out that several people have called to complain about the message light being on and that Main Office was refusing for some reason to pay to get a repair crew out to service it…if you leave the bathroom light on you’ll never notice this light on at night. -Other minor note. Coffee Maker was broken. Shower water temp changes randomly (ain’t nothing like taken a hot shower then 3-5 minutes it gets ice cold for about 1-2 minutes then slowly warms up). Noise people (not really the hotel’s fault). Room was a non-smoking room however smelled like a smoky bar (tip to the hotel—Febreze). Unless you are in to these things save you money, save your health, and time....go a little bit up the road to the Days Inn. It is a whole lot better and a better deal. I checked out early and have taken my money to the Days Inn....They could only be better if they had gotten the friendly front desk clerk not say that they are not friendly!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank nate w
John Y, General Manager at Rocky Mount Inn, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
As the new manager and frequent business traveler myself I can totally sympathize with your situation and I don't blame you for moving to another property. Clearly that room should never have been rented. while I cannot change your experience I can tell you that this is not how we operate. We are in the process of upgrading our property with new 32" HDTV's, refrigerators & microwaves in our rooms. I am 100% confident your experience would be a complete turnaround were you to visit the Rocky Mount Inn now. If your travel plans bring you back to Rocky Mount, I would encourage you to call me directly and let me show you the improvements to our property.
Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Longwood, Florida
Reviewed 13 September 2011

After leaving that terrible Jameson Inn in Wilson N.C..We went to the Best Western in Rocky Mount N.C.. This I beleive is an older hotel. It does have extend a stay Suites. We were in 515. It was large with a full size Refrigerator,stove and microwave. Bring your own Pots, pans, silverware and glassess The Internet never went down. The staff was friendly and eager to help. The continential breakfast was just that. Nothing special. They have a pet policy of $25 per pet per day but the front desk clerk worked with me on that. They were cleaning the rugs when we arrived.Our suite was directly accross from an Indian family and at times the Curry smell was overwhelming. The odor however did not carry into our room. There are a ton of resturands and shopping in the area. I would definately stay there in the future.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank DENNIS B
East Coast
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Not a comfortable stay.....poor climate control, noisy, outdated. It just felt old and musky. If you want to take advantage of the included breakfast, don't wait until the last minute....they begin shut down about twenty minutes before the stated end time and there will be no replenishment of food from that point onward. I expected more from a Best Western (an experience in Europe with this chain was exceptional). I did not expect high end, but I did expect more for the money.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback & I am sorry for your disappointments regarding our property. While I cannot fix your stay, I am happy to report that we are in the process of upgrading our rooms as I type this. The rooms have been deep cleaned, new bed spreads, new 32" HDTVs, Refrigerators and Microwaves installed in our units. We have also made staffing changes to improve our service levels. If your future plans call for travel to Rocky Mount, I hope you will contact me directly and allow me to show you our improvements and encourage you to give us another try.
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Worst front desk & managment service I've ever seen. They tried to make me pay a $20 pet fee from the night before which is absurd considering when I checked in I made them very aware of my dog and 2 employees heard me yet they said I could get a discount and no pet fee. Imagine my suprise when the rude front desk lady made a remark "Oh and just to inform you we are very aware that you guys have a pet up there and you must pay the fee" Front desk lady also rude, unhelpful, inattentive, uneducated and very unhappy looking like we are a burden! Room was not worth the price. Looked the same as a Days Inn room which they charge $39 and here at Best Western they charged $50 ± $20 pet fee. Lastly, I was running late checking out because I had an unexpected stomach ache. The front desk sent someone to my door and said "she says that if your not out of here in a few minutes she will get someone to escort you out and also charge you for another night" I have NEVER in my life been treated so horribly and will never stay at a Best Western again!

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank hannahgoff
First, I want to offer my sincere apologies for your experience at this hotel. As a frequent traveler myself, I can understand your frustrations and wish I could change it for you. While I cannot do that, I hope you can take some satisfaction in knowing that reviews such as yours prompted a total management overhaul of the property as well as numerous upgrades, including bedspreads, 32" HDTVs, Refrigerators & Microwaves. If future travels include Rocky Mount, I hope you will allow me to show you the improvements we have made, both staffing and room amenities.
Zephyrhills, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2011

not a bad value. nice area too. rooms were suffeciant. breakfast wasnt great. service was good.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank drivitlkustoleit
Thanks for your kind words. I'm glad to hear we were able to meet your expectations. As a side note, we have increased the items on our breakfast line to now include hot egg/cheese &/or chicken biscuits and a waffle station. If your future travels bring you through Rocky Mount, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Rocky Mount Inn.