“Delicious, reasonably priced food.”
Review of El Tapatio

El Tapatio
Ranked #3 of 148 Restaurants in Rocky Mount
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 11 February 2018

My wife and I visited this establishment for the first time yesterday (Feb 10, 18) but I promise we will be back. We have finally found our "go to Mexican Food Restaurant). We were met immediately upon entry to the restaurant and were seated. Right behind the hostess was our waiter who was ready to take our beverage order. My wife ordered a frozen lime margarita and she said it was very good (and she is tough to please). Our dinner entree's were just as good. We also ordered table side prepared Guacamole which was also very good. The portions are generous and the prices are very reasonable. Definitely coming back and trying other Mexican delights.

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

We frequently travel from our home in NC to DC to visit. We first ate here in 2013. We liked it so much we have planned our trips to stop here at mealtime. The guacamole is fantastic! The entrees are fresh and reasonably priced. The service is attentive and courteous, even when the place is crowded (which it often is). And did we mention the guacamole?! Certainly one of our favorite Mexican restaurants anywhere.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

We were hungry and just looking for a quick bite and found this amazingly good restaurant. My wife got the three enchilada entree with beef, chicken and cheese. It was cooked perfectly and delicious. I got the vegetarian bean burrito with chili relenos and cheese enchilada. The sauces were not only flavorful but the made everything very tasty by themselves, even the bean burrito! I recommend the sopapias (sweet chips with honey, cinnamon and sugar (I had mine with honey only) - a light delicious dessert.

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Coming from Northern California I think we have lots of good Mexican food restaurants around home and El Tapatio gives them a run for their money. Our party of 5 had a variety of dishes including: tortilla soup, chicken quesadillas, veggie quesadillas, fajitas and bean/rice burritos and we each liked our dishes. We also ordered the table side guacamole which was good but could use a little salt to brighten it up. Overall good food and very reasonable prices.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Best Mexican food in Rocky Mount, My wife and I have date night there on Fridays. Food is always fresh and Fast. The staff is friendly and the take care of the customer.