“We loved it!”

El Tapatio
Ranked #3 of 162 Restaurants in Rocky Mount
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 13 February 2018

We had a table of 10, and had a great meal. The menu selections were typical Mexican, but also some unusual things. (unusual to me anyway). The service was good; they have a full bar and great Margaritas. Its quite a large place and seem to do a very good business.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 11 February 2018

My wife and I visited this establishment for the first time yesterday (Feb 10, 18) but I promise we will be back. We have finally found our "go to Mexican Food Restaurant). We were met immediately upon entry to the restaurant and were seated. Right behind the hostess was our waiter who was ready to take our beverage order. My wife ordered a frozen lime margarita and she said it was very good (and she is tough to please). Our dinner entree's were just as good. We also ordered table side prepared Guacamole which was also very good. The portions are generous and the prices are very reasonable. Definitely coming back and trying other Mexican delights.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

We frequently travel from our home in NC to DC to visit. We first ate here in 2013. We liked it so much we have planned our trips to stop here at mealtime. The guacamole is fantastic! The entrees are fresh and reasonably priced. The service is attentive and courteous, even when the place is crowded (which it often is). And did we mention the guacamole?! Certainly one of our favorite Mexican restaurants anywhere.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

We were hungry and just looking for a quick bite and found this amazingly good restaurant. My wife got the three enchilada entree with beef, chicken and cheese. It was cooked perfectly and delicious. I got the vegetarian bean burrito with chili relenos and cheese enchilada. The sauces were not only flavorful but the made everything very tasty by themselves, even the bean burrito! I recommend the sopapias (sweet chips with honey, cinnamon and sugar (I had mine with honey only) - a light delicious dessert.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Coming from Northern California I think we have lots of good Mexican food restaurants around home and El Tapatio gives them a run for their money. Our party of 5 had a variety of dishes including: tortilla soup, chicken quesadillas, veggie quesadillas, fajitas and bean/rice burritos and we each liked our dishes. We also ordered the table side guacamole which was good but could use a little salt to brighten it up. Overall good food and very reasonable prices.

Date of visit: December 2017

Been to El Tapatio? Share your experiences!