“Quiet and right on the water”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rodanthe
Rodanthe Watersports and Campground
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

We've stayed here several times over the years, and every year he is making improvements!! There is maybe 30 sites I think 1-12 is right on the water, and I mean right on the water!! Sound side. You are about 7 ft from it once you step out of your tent or camper!! There is really not a bad spot in the whole campground!! He can not accommodate big rigs though, don't even turn in, 20-22 foot is the biggest. Nice clean hot shower house, fish cleaning station, grills to use. This would be perfect for motorcycles pulling a pop up!! The sound is a kiddie pool as it can be ankle to shin deep, you can take your chair and sit in the water, rent a jet ski, kayak, paddle board, sail board, sail boat. Read the web he has just about everything!! He is the most accommodating host ever, and the whole family is super nice!! I recommend it highly!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I researched Rodanthe Watersports & Campground and found great reviews so we called a few weeks before our anticipated camping trip and made a reservation with a specific request for a water front site. When we arrived we were not given a water front site as requested. The most disappointing thing was the lack attention to the fact we were obviously disappointed. Poor dismissive customer service is what we received. Of note the bathroom and showers were pretty clean for a campsite. The beach is down the street but its not parking accessible. The camping sites are super small and in my opinion if you don't have a water front site it really isn't worth it.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend loved our stay in Rodanthe! We had a waterfront campsite situated between 2 RV's so it actually felt a little more private than we thought... most of the camp sites are very close and open, however there are a few by the old cemetery and behind the bathhouses that are more secluded. It's definitely windy on the water so make sure you tie down your tent really well! Also go for a sailing lesson with Skippy! He was awesome and the prices are great! This is a very convenient and inexpensive way to enjoy the beach (5 min walk across the street) and water sports (on site) that NC has to offer!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2016

Rodanthe Watersports is the #1 WATERFRONT Campground in the OBX! Tent camping on the sound with the most amazing view, especially sunset! make sure to bring your camera! The Ocean is a hop skip and a jump if you want to surf the waves. The sound is perfect for kids, kayaking, paddleboarding, and my favorite Wave Riding!!! The Jetski was perfect for my son and I, had a blast! My 11 year old son drove the jetski like a motorcycle on the water creating waves! Its a friendly family owned business, you need to make reservations in advance for sure, its not large.. but its one of the best camp sites ever! CLEAN Washrooms, showers indoor and outdoor, hot water, electricity, fire pits... the most amazing adventurous place with discount rentals of kayaking, jetski wave riders, paddle boards, surf boards, etc... list goes on! If you want an amazing camping experience right on the water, then I suggest you head on down to Rodanthe Watersports!

Room Tip: Tent and RV waterfront camping with the best views
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank LaurieSVBnative
Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

This is a great little camping spot on the sound. The campsite is clean, the views are scenic, the staff polite, and it has all the facilities you'd want in a site. The only downside is that it's a small campground so the sites are pretty close. That said, the crowd here has been quiet and noise/privacy have not been an issue. If I were on a trip with a lady friend, however, I may seek a more secluded set up

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo

Been to Rodanthe Watersports and Campground? Share your experiences!