US$203
Hotel Sigl's(Bad Schandau)
US$117
Grundmuehle(Bad Schandau)
TripAdvisor
Elbhotel Bad Schandau(Bad Schandau)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
All reviewslovely hotelgreat showerno elevatorbeer and winelittle gembreakfast was excellentcomfortable bedsczech bordertoscanastoneedgefridgefloortowngardenstationtrain
Reviewed 25 July 2017

We were booked into this hotel through our tour company who arranged accommodations for our hiking vacation in this area.
Arrival: If you arrive by train you need to take the short ferry ride across the Elbe to the town. This hotel is in easy walking distance from the ferry BUT do not walk up to the town main street and along the cobble stones. You can take the nice river side path instead and walk 10 minutes along the waterfront and just when you get to the bridge turn left to walk up the path and you will be almost directly in front of the hotel. We ruined our luggage wheels dragging them across the cobblestones.

The hotel is situated on a main road and is a quaint villa with obvious history and charm. We stayed here two nights on two separate occasions. The first night we were in a lovely room (number 1) which is in the back of the hotel - less noisy - although I did hear train noises. It was large with a terrace where we sat out and enjoyed the evening. The bathroom was not luxury but had all the necessities - shower only - and water pressure was good. We did have some challenges with the shower head positioning. The second room we had (room 5) was at the front of the hotel and definitely noisy with traffic. The room was smaller - no terrace - but the bathroom was better - it had a great shower with a rain head. It also was a corner room so lots of windows and the lights were much better in this room. The other room seemed dark.

Hotel: The hotel was clean and the staff were very helpful - even with our limited German ability. There is a small lounge and dining area off the main entrance and the breakfast room is at the back of the hotel overlooking the back garden. The breakfast is included in the stay and was a very artfully prepared buffet. We were also offered cooked eggs and coffee was served fresh.

Positives: Comfortable beds and bedding - good quality cotton duvets and comfortable pillow. Clean rooms. Good water pressure. Plenty of electrical outlets. Character hotel, staff very friendly and helpful - limited English.
Negatives: No A/C and no fans - rooms hot/stuffy - had to open window to get any air in the room. Noisy - depending on where your room is located - traffic noise and trains. No elevator - all rooms on floor 1-3 (second floor - 4th floor) - so suit cases need to be hauled up the stone circular staircase. No wifi - although we were able to get service through our mobile hotspot.

There are alot of hotel choices in Bad Schandeau and likely I would have stayed at a more upscale hotel for more money. However, this is was definitely one of the better 3 star hotels we stayed at during our vacation time in the area.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed at Albero Toscana and was greeted by Susie and her colleague at the front desk. This is a converted home just a few minutes walk from the ferry stop in Bad Schandau, they ferry is a super convenient and beautiful way to get from the station to the city, it costs 2eur one way. Susie was extremely helpful, she showed me the way around the home and took me to my room, left me with flavored mineral water and a smile! She organized a bike rental for me as well and within 20 minutes of arriving I was pedaling down the streets of Bad Schandau, headed to Schmilka which sits right on the Czech border. Susie suggested I go to Muhle Haus and have beer, brat, and cakes, that they make all of these very good. The staff at Toscana went out of their way helping me get back my train offering to take me themselves to make it on time. Really amazing quaint place, super clean, great breakfast, great courtyard and ambiance. I should mention, I was there in May, we had nice weather and my total for my one night stay that included 4 international postcard stamps, my one day bike
Rental and a lunch packed to go was 84.80eur! I will definitely be back!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 December 2016

The Hotel Albergo Toscana was a great little hotel. The hotel is on the edge of the small town and has free car parking. It is easy and safe to walk into the centre for the various bars and restaurants. This was a very good location for a walking holiday in the region.

Our room was on the top floor, very spacious and with a small balcony.

The breakfast buffet had a reasonable selection, and egg dishes were cooked to order.

The hotel reception also organised a decent picnic lunch (sandwich, fresh fruit, chocolate bar and drink) for 5 euros.

There is an honesty bar on the ground floor by reception, with a small stock of chilled drinks, but a reasonable selection of wine.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2016

We stayed overnight on a bicycle trip from Dresden to Prague, and the Toscana was just right. Clean, efficient, friendly, with a large and well equipped room. Breakfast set us up for the day, although the coffee machine was not working and we had to make do with filtered coffee - that sort of thing happens.
Only a short distance from town and the various restaurants and shops. Definitely a good stop-over.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2016

Best hotel we have stayed in. Staff were so delightful and pleasant - couldn't be more helpful. Food was fabulous, perfect coffee. Kids welcomed. Had a 5 E lunch deal to take away. Rooms were big, beds very comfortable. All just perfect !

Room Tip: No lift, so lower floors if that's a problem for you.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family