US$218
US$130
Il Cortile Fiorito srl(Trapani)
US$97
US$68
Hostelworld.com
US$139
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 June 2012

For the people who likes sunshine and breakfast in balcony and a very home atmosphere, this would be the best place to step in. The hostel was very clean and tidy and comfortable place, the internet was functioning all the time and for the people who loves music, there is a piano in the living room which can be used when you want chill and relax... there is also a mini library where you can borrow books or dvds to watch when you want to relax after having an exhausting day. Ignazio was really a friendly person who welcomed and described everything in detail and also gave helped with all our requirements when needed, I would personally recommend this hostel to be a good place with good hospitality to have an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Jason J
Reviewed 18 October 2011

The two of us stayed at this hotel because of trip advisor and the price was a little more than the poorly reviewed hostels. The owner was very nice, allowed us to pick our room, borrowed us a corkscrew & 2 glasses, and gave us free mountain bikes to use the entire stay and not have to return until we checked out! The owner speaks English as well and gave us good advice on some places to get food.
The room is nice, breakfast (included) is nice too. The hotel is on a main road and can be a little noisy at night. But don't let this deter you, it's a good place and worth the price!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
12  Thank John S
Reviewed 2 November 2010

My experience staying here with my husband was one of the most bizarre and at times scary experiences I've ever had travelling. And that is saying a lot!

The place itself is lovely. The rooms were spotless, bed super comfy and our double room opened onto the large communal balcony where breakfast is served - so we were happy as punch our first day. Ignazio the owner seemed a bit quiet, but we didn't read too much into it figuring maybe his English was just bad.

Our second morning, we woke up and headed outside for breakfast which is served at 8:30 until 10. The previous morning Ignazio had taken nearly 20 mins to get breakfast ready, so we figured we'd come a bit later. We went outside and the table was all set with plates and glasses and the kitchen doors were open, but no sign of Ignacio or any of the bread, marmalade, cheese, etc from the previous day. We waited about 5 minutes and still no sign of Ignazio, so we tried calling his name and knocking on the kitchen door, but still nothing. We were starting to get a little bored and it was nearly 9:30 (we'd thought) so finally my husband decided to call Ignazio's mobile phone. Ignazio came running to the kitchen and my husband explained that is was only him calling and to our shock Ignazio slammed the kitchen doors and left us standing outside! About 10 mins later, he came back and started putting some coffee out during which time I'd realised that we'd forgotten that the clocks had gone back for daylight saving's time and that in fact we'd been 5 (yes FIVE) minutes early for breakfast. I tried to apologise to Ignazio - who instead slammed a clock down on the table next to me and only answered 'Yep' in a really [-] way when I asked him if the clocks had gone back. Amazing! It was so ridiculously over the top and rude that we were speechless.

After breakfast we borrowed some of his bikes (he made us give him a 40 EUR deposit) and about 20 minutes after we'd left, Ignazio called us on our mobile phone asking if we could come back to the B&B because he'd forgotten to register our passports. When we answered that we were already 5 kms from town, he said, "Well I have your passports". My husband asked me if I'd ever given him our passports - and when I said 'No', he asked Ignazio how he'd gotten hold of our passports, and Ignazio simply said 'I'll see you tonight at 8' and hung up. And when we returned to the B&B later, Ignazio told us that he'd gone through our things and taken our passports! My husband was furious and wanted to call the police and I was absolutely stunned! He'd gone into our room and through my bag and taken our passports without even asking us!
We tried to confront him about it and all he did was demand his bicycle lock back and only then did he give us our passports back and our 40 EUR deposit. He said that he'd forgotten to register us with the local police department within 24 hours (in keeping with local law) and so he'd gone into our room and through our things.

For the rest of our last night staying at the B&B we both felt really creeped out and uncomfortable. Ignazio comes across as a very angry and irrational person who clearly lacks both the personal skills and sense of humanity that I think is needed to work in the hospitality industry. I wouldn't recommend a stay here to anyone - no one deserves to be made to feel so awkward while staying as a paying guest, and certainly NO ONE has the right to into your room and through your belongings!

Ignazio not just a terrible host but his behaviour is completely innappropriate, and I would say, illegal.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jennifer K
Reviewed 30 July 2010

I didn't expect much from the b&b due to the low price, but in the end our stay was quite pleasant. Rooms and showers were very clean and decent.

Minor point was that upon arrival our room was already rented to others which meant we had to stay in a twin bed room instead of a double the first night. Since it was late we didn't care much.

The breakfast was excellent. Bread, cheeses, Italian pasticcerie, fruits etc. Unlike other reviews I've just read! Neither did we have such a negative experience with the owner. WiFi worked fine, but we didn't know about the bikes. Would have been usefully since the location is a bit from the centre.

All in all a positive experience.

9  Thank Youri86
Reviewed 16 September 2009

Novecento looks very nice and clean on the website due to someone's excellent photography skills, its a clean place to stay but the owner's attitude towards his guests lets the place down and makes me not to ever recommend it to anyone who asks me about my trip to Trapani.
In all fairness, its a really lovely building with a real character to it, the large, high ceiling rooms with old, antic furniture gives it a special ambience and could be a perfect stay, well within the bugdet, if it wasn't for Ignazio, the extremely inhospitable owner of the B&B. After our first day in Trapani, we came back really exhausted, looking forward to crash in our bedroom, we found it exactly the way we left it in the morning, uncleaned, the bed undone, we asked Ignazio about it, upon which he got really angry and was really rude to us with his answer, which was " this is not a hotel, its a B&B and the regulations are different".
The next morning, we were in a hurry to catch a Bus and he normally takes ages to set the table and get the 'Breadfast' out, yes thats all he serves, bread, we requested him to bring some more coffee out as there are 6 people there and he brings coffee enough to fill 2 cups, he carried on doing his own stuff whilst we waited and waited for the coffee, after 30min, we told him we had to leave as we were getting late and he didnt even feel bad that he hadn't brought the coffee out to us, he seems ok with it.
Never go to Novecento, it looks pretty on the website but Ignazio ruins it all for the place.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple