2,782 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

I genuinely find it hard to write this review because I’m an easily pleased person. But this hotel blew me away. I like to look at reviews before going anywhere but will take on board the good and the bad. On this occasion I did just that. But this hotel has taught me an expensive lesson .

1.It smelled of raw sewage
6, food Luke warm and bland
7. Pool over crowded
8. Not enough cleaners to clean the communal area

The list is endless

Oh I did get moved. To another hell hole of a room. With a shower head that looked like a fire sprinkler

I couldn’t sleep all night due to the noise

Yet they were tight on one thing which they policed really well. Your inclusive drinks. They were really good at monitoring your alcohol intake to make sure no one abused the free all inclusive drinks.

If they concentrated on the remainder of the hotel in the same manner we would be on to a winner.

Please please avoid this hotel. It’s not for families. It’s for 18-30 year old yobs. The place smells of urine and weed.

My only saving grace was hotels.com whom I booked throughwho have refunded ( not the Doss house that calls itself a hotel ) a 1/3 of my stay. Avoid at all cost.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Can honestly say hand on heart this hotel has seen better days. The whole place is run down & looks a wreck. No aircon as mentioned in other reviews which a reply from the hotel says it doesn't state aircon in rooms in the brochure...I didn't book from looking at a brochure but online...can safely say I don't know of hotels in this day & age that don't have it. Not pleasant in small muggy rooms with 30° temps.
Staff are lovely...I feel sorry for them tbf!
Drinks on the AI are revolting except coke & other soft drink. Hubby said the beer's good.
Food is ok if you're not too fussy.
Place is full of teens/twenty somethings with the odd family chucked in.
Just thankful that this is a short stay trip for us & wouldn't return. Paid £600 for a 4night stay...feel like we've been robbed!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sianlees34
Reviewed 15 August 2018

Me and my boyfriend booked the holiday before reading the reviews which wasn't the best idea. As soon as I started reading the reviewsI started to get anxiety around the holiday as from what I had gathered it was pretty rubbish and it sounded as though we were in for a holiday from hell. This was our first couples holiday together and booked quite late in the year so we wanted something cheap and affordable. All together we paid around £500 per person so we didn't expect that much from the hotel. Upon arrival we saw security men patrolling outside and inside the hotel which personally I think is extremely good as it meant the partying groups were kept under control. As we got into reception we were greeted by a really nice man on the front desk who provided us with all the information we needed. We paid a tourist tax of 7 euros (for 2 of us). The lifts are a very dodgy so unless you're on floor 4 and above I would suggest taking the stairs. When we got to our room we discovered that there was no air con but not the end of the world. The bedroom and bathroom was really clean however so fridges ( I would suggest buying bottles of water to keep in the room). We were woken up that night at around 5AM from FRENCH NOT ENGLISH people returning to their rooms from a night out; there was a bit of noise for around 30 mins and then we heard nothing again. The food in the buffet isn't the best but then again if you're on a budget holiday you can't expect much. I'm a very fussy eater and I managed to find something to eat everyday at breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is also a snack bar which is good if you don't fancy lunch or dinner as they open it after lunch and then again after dinner. The drinks are served in plastic cups but that's understandable with some of the customers in the hotel. There was a cocktail of the day each day for customers under all inclusive and only one beer available "Estrella". There is also locally produced vodka, whiskey, etc. The pool is a bit cold and you may want to get up slightly early to get a sunbed. We headed to the pool for 9AM got our sunbeds (which aren't the best) and then headed for breakfast. Although we were woken up 5/7 nights if you ask for a room facing the racing track it is slightly more quiet as there seem to be a lot of partying people in the rooms facing the pool area. We met a family who had a room on the 5th floor and they didn't hear any noise. All in all it wasn't as bad as my boyfriend and I expected, if you want a cheap affordable all inclusive holiday then you can't complain if it isn't 4*+. The hotel staff and security try and do all they can to reduce noise and make sure the partying people don't vandalise the place. Feel free to message me if you have anymore questions about the hotel!

Room Tip: Quieter the further up you go. Rooms facing the back (overlooking the race track) are quieter. NO AC IN ROOMS
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lydia B
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

What a dirty hotel, would not recommend it to anyone, noisy people in hotel banging on doors at 5am , loud music from guests at early hours, rooms dated and very dirty especially the bathroom, don’t think a cleaner came near the hole time

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
HTOPHotels, Director de Relaciones Públicas at H.TOP Gran Casino Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Diane;

We thank you for having published your comments.
Do not doubt that all your comments are a very important tool for our company and that will be seriously taken into account to improve the points you point us.
We understand and accept that some clients may not like the hotel and may make a negative review.
We had desired that your holiday between us had been to his liking or that at a minimum, to find positive points as she has been mentioned by other customers.
LLoret de Mar is famous worldwide for its nightlife and its discotheques, apart from its beaches, its sun, its surroundings and its restaurants. Nobody talks about LLoret as a quiet and relaxed town.
Most of our guests looking for calm holidays, and normally they got them. But clients are as they are –we don’t choose them, they choose us! - and some guests for many nationalities are usually noisy when they drink. We cannot change the behavior of our customers, and we are neither responsible of it; we just can put limits to their excess and that’s what we do, sending our security staff as many times as needed.
We have several security guards who try to ensure that the other clients can rest without being disturbed or at least try to keep the noise to a minimum and prevent some of the problems which anyone of any age can cause.
Our hotel is one of the H. Top Hotels more old and in spite of having our own maintenance team it is very difficult for us to compete with the other more modern hotels. There is no denying that the Hotel is old, we agree, but old and dull does not mean dirty. The Hotel has its years and it is true that in some places we have become obsolete.
Housekeeping service works very hard to deliver daily clean rooms; as it should be normal, the rooms are cleaned daily, bedding changed every three days and towels changed daily. It's a pity that you have not been able to appreciate the hard work they do. Old and dull does not mean dirty.
The intention of all the staff of the H. Top Gran Casino Royal is that all the clients who visit us leave with good impression of their holiday´s. Unfortunately, we don´t always get it.
Maybe the profile of our hotel was not the most appropriate for your holiday´s.
Fortunately, in our Hotels Company you have other 18 wonderful Hotels (3*** and 4****) were you will find among of hotels, one that meets 100 % your expectations for futures holidays.

Best regards.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel is not for family please do not take your family her there was glass everywhere in the park and the pool my sister got very ill the food was horrible they chuck bottles of there balcony they piss of the balcony they spit of the balcony drinks ain't good the cups are rubbish the party ain't good the beds are rubbish no WIFE no aircon in your rooms beds aint good really not good people smash up things and they broke the lift so i was stuck in there for 10 minutes my sister end up in hospital paying 100 euros
NOT GOOD HOTEL BOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE WHY STILL CAN

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
HTOPHotels, Director General at H.TOP Gran Casino Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Kieran;

Thank you to publish your review. Any kind of comment helps us to improve.
We understand that it is the reality that you have lived and exposed it.
The Hotel has its years and it is true that in some places we have become obsolete. In a future renewal, which not yet has specific dates, all these points will be amply covered and overcome.
The Hotel Casino is sold to all the public but the truth is that at times, for various reasons, depending on the time of year, the clients are mainly young people, groups of hen and stag parties or sports groups. We also have a large percentage of all inclusive guests and we know that at times they drink too much and do not respect anyone or anything. All of this produces a series of problems created by the clients themselves and the rest of the clients who are looking for a more relaxed atmosphere suffer the consequences.
We will not deny that (unfortunately), sometimes falls somewhat of a balcony. If we had the confidence of someone who throws things, believe us, he would be expelled.
The problem is that to look up or we do not see anyone or we see many people on the balconies and is very difficult to guess who it was.
What else can be done? Unfortunately it is not possible to know the mental or educational status of our clients before they come.
In our rooms there is no air conditioning; we can come to understand your surprise that in the XXI century, a hotel has not air conditioned. We regret very much that you carry the surprise, once here.
The pool and the whole area around is cleaned daily 3 times by the gardener; and unfortunately sometimes more times; due to (as customer say) things that people throw. All areas of the hotel; Reception, Restaurant, Bar, corridors, Stairways, Rooms, Swimming Pool, Garden, etc, are cleaned daily with great effort.
We are sure that if you visit any website of hotels in Lloret de Mar or Costa Brava (including ours), you will find among of hotels (including 4****), one that meets your expectations for future holidays.