US$227
Hotel Santa Marta(Lloret de Mar)
US$342
US$297
Aqua Hotel Bertran Park(Lloret de Mar)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$109
  • Breakfast included
Hotel GHT Aquarium & SPA(Lloret de Mar)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$119
  • Pool
Hotel Delamar - ONLY ADULTS(Lloret de Mar)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$140
  • Breakfast included
Aparthotel Costa Encantada(Lloret de Mar)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$125
  • Pool
Hostal Ribas(Lloret de Mar)(Great Value!)
US$92
  • Beachfront
Els Llorers(Lloret de Mar)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$120
  • Pool
Hostal Magnolia(Lloret de Mar)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$71
  • Pool
All reviewskids clubnice hotelfenals beachmoltonspapamperedgironatowelssunbeds
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We stayed in Alva Park for 3 days to celebrate my husband's birthday. I did a lot of research prior to our visit and looked forward to visiting Alva Park with high hopes for the price they charge. On our way to hotel when the taxi driver announced that we were "almost there," I began to seriously worry about our hotel choice as the neighborhood appeared to be quite terrible with dirty buildings crumbled literally one on top of another and no sea in sight. I was getting even more disappointed as the taxi took the turn in the opposite direction away from the beach on a tiny street that really didn't inspire me much to even get out of the taxi. But then...all the great things began to happen one after another. The minute we stepped out of the taxi we were being treated as if we were royalty. And I am quite serious when I say that. Everyone in Alva Park seemed to be dedicated to making us feel comfortable, happy, pampered, relaxed, entertained and the list can go on and on. We always felt like we were the only ones staying in the entire hotel because of so much detailed attention we were given. Often I felt like the staff could read my mind because the minute I thought about getting something or requesting anything, it magically appeared right that moment as if they were expecting my request.

The hotel itself is sparkling clean, you would never find any dust or fingerprint on the entire property. It shines day and night even though we never once saw anyone cleaning around. The room itself was amazing. Quite spacious, inviting and modern. We never really like to hang out in the room too much when we travel but this room was so exceptional that we lingered in it much longer than usual. The bed was super comfy though I didn't like the bed's position facing the wall. Speaking about location and views, this is probably the only negative thing about Alva Park. The hotel has absolutely no great views due it's weird location on a small side street. All rooms face the buildings on the opposite side of the street and the view of those dirty buildings with laundry hanging out on the balconies is not something you would expect to see from an expensive hotel. However, the hotel staff goes out of their way to make guests feels comfortable and spoiled. Perks like free gifts, free dinners, free use of smart cars and personal attentiveness of the entire staff makes huge difference. Aside from hotel's location everything else is simply spectacular and I would go back there in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better side view of the beach and the sea from the balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kismika
Reviewed 26 July 2011

This is a marvelous hotel in a tacky and horrible environment called Lloret de mar. The hotel is an oasis of luxury in a way that makes you reluctant to leave.
We (my husband, child of 11 and I) stayed in this hotel in July 2011. Check in was very professional and smooth. We got a tour through the hotel and we saw everything. The nice lady that guided us left a book (personalized) with all kind of information, witch was very helpful. De B&O telephone has all telephone numbers stocked, so that you easily can find the persons you need.

Our room was just finished cleaning. The man that came out of our room had cleansed the room with shampoo for the carpet en the sink was disinfected! Our (standard) room was a suite of 70 m2 with a balcony that looked out over the (heated) pool and another building. The room was very beautiful and has a lot to discover. All de equipment is Bang & Olufsen. The bathroom was light, very spacious as was the mini kitchen that has a Nespresso coffee machine (free of charge).
The changing area was big enough for the three of us; the save has a light in it and you can charge your phone or I-pad in the save witch might become in handy. Needless to say that everything can be switched, on/off with just one press on a button or a remote control.

With the check in we became a invitation for dinner that evening. Although we were tired and wanted to have a quiet evening we went after all and it was a very pleasant surprise! I will not tell everything because a don’t want to spoil the surprise. I also became a voucher for the hairdresser witch I did not use.
The Molton Brown spa is beautiful, it has a great atmosphere; although treatments are very expensive (€ 175 for a manicure and pedicure) but worthwhile.

Service is impeccable, cleanliness superb, amenities attentive, all you like to have in a 5 star hotel.

We went to the Princess bath witch is amazing. (Luke) warm salted water (they say that it is as salt as the dead see), little raindrops falling on your head, light that changes and Hindu music…. it makes you really relaxed.

Gym is fine, everything you need is available. The pool is quiet, nice sun loungers, with towels and a little basket with Evian spray to cool your face, small towels and stuff to clean your (sun)glasses. No music, no entertainment witch we found blessing!

Food is amazing. Breakfast is a la carte. Toast pate foie gras, fresh fruits, pancakes, you name it, they deliver it! Bon China, silver plated cutlery, linen napkins, be seated on Dedon chairs, on the secluded terrace it is a good start of your day.
We once had dinner in one of the restaurants witch was fine but expensive.

We once made use of the courtesy cars, SMART cars guests can use for 3 hours without reservation. There are lot of nice places to go to as Tossa de mar, Canet de mar, Gerona and off course Barcelona.
The hotel provides lots of things: DVD’s you can use, CD’s, umbrellas, towels on the beach, towels to use by the pool, sun heads, kimono’s, bathrobes, maps of several cities in the neighborhood, courtesy cars, they give you a list of Michelin star(s) restaurants and make reservations, airport transport etc.

We had a very pleasant stay although the weather was not as good as we expected. This is a true 5 star hotel. We will definitely go back!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank HelenaNetherlands
Reviewed 13 October 2010

I can only imagine what the owners must have thought when designing this hotel. Nothing but the best is a reasonable guess. The investments made in this hotel are out of this world. There have been no compromises what so ever. I have never seen anything like this in any hotel before.

We spent two nights in this amazingly comfortable hotel. The first night we stayed in suite 163. What a breathtaking experience.

At dinnertime we were shown to our suite by the front desk manager. She unlocked the doors to this extraordinary 380 m2 flat and just inside the door our personal waiter was standing surprising us with two glasses of chilled champagne. The suites private dining room is extraordinary romantic and full of surprises. A very private and very romantic dining venue for two. Candles lit everywhere and a suggestive music playing from hidden speakers. There is even a small stage for live music entertainment if you wish. During the very nice 5 course tasting menu the scenery of the room changed at several occasions. I don’t want to give away all of the happenings but if you ever stay here you are surely in for a surprise.

This suite must be one of the most elegant suites in the world. World class antiquities, light carpeting and light wood paneling. A huge living room with two white leather sofas. Bang & Olufsen HI-Fi and TV-system in all rooms. Four terraces. Different pre-programmed light moods in all rooms let you select the ambiance. Pushing a button of the remote control and all the shades comes down together with a projector screen turning the room in to a personal cinema. There are also a PlayStation and DVD-system.

The master bedroom is huge and decorated with framed and backlit Hermes scarves. A personal very large dressing room and a work space with desk and an apple laptop. There are a total of three apple computers available to the guests of this suite. The bed is 2, 5 meters wide and its angle can be adjusted with a remote control (of course). Actually the entire suite is controlled by different programed gadgets and you could spend hours just trying everything out. The most comfortable bed ever and sheets that must have been manufactured in heaven.

A personal fully equipped gym. The in suite SPA is a dream. Huge whirlpool. Hydro-jet and water/massage bed. A walk in jet shower system as well as an hamam clad in solid gold mosaics. The hamam has a built in fiber optic light and sound show. Oh and of course a private massage room for in suite spa treatments. This suite is just insane.
The suite also contains a second bedroom with huge bathroom and its own dressing room. A personal bar with champagne on ice and fresh strawberries with whipped cream waiting for us after dinner. Complete Nespresso coffeemaker etc. etc. etc.

In the morning a delicious a la carte breakfast was served in one of the suites terraces.

The service level of Alva Park is fantastic. A very genuine and personal attention to detail make you feel like a personal guest of the management. Restaurants are very good although not world class. This hotel should really benefit from teaming up with a Michelin star chef that could also attract more guests in the low season. A restaurant worth a journey combined with the world class service and the unparalleled level of comfort and design would probably be a profitable synergy.

The very nice Molton Brown spa has a dramatic design and friendly staff.

I would really like to recommend this hotel for couples looking for a romantic and luxurious weekend. We did not leave the hotel during our two night stay although there are plenty of excursions for those who are staying for a longer time. Complimentary Smart-cars are available for guests.

Thank you for an exceptional hotel experience that I and my wife will never forget. I can’t wait to go back to Alva Park again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard_L73
Reviewed 10 September 2010

This is a fantastic oasis - from the moment we arrived outside we were made to feel very special and welcome. All the staff are fantastic without question, and most importantly dispite it being a 5* hotel, our children were exceptionally well catered for - even to the extent that when we arrived at our room, there was a plate with cookies and milk ready for them! That was just the start of the exceptional treatment. The rooms are fantastic, with great and useful gadgets, the pool and common parts are perfect and there is probably the best kids club of any hotel I have every stayed at. Lloret isn't amazing, but there are so many great places nearby. I would certainly reccomend Alva Park.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank danvan1
Reviewed 20 February 2009

Even though I stayed at this hotel a long time ago as I joined tripadvisor I ought to write something about my experiences at this place. I was surprised by the hotel as soon as I entered it. From the outside it looks like and old hotel that has been refurbished but... once you enter you understand that you have opened a door to luxury. The hotel is a bit of a maze after refurbishing and old building but I did not find it a problem. The room was amazing, very big, three different rooms plus a lobby, the bed was incredibly big and soft, the Bang-Olufsen plasma TV was incredible, the music Cds prepared for the hotel were relaxing and high quality (you were able to take one for free). We did nearly not go out of the hotel (what for!?). You even had a yacuzzi in front of your shower in a very big bathroom, and Molton Brown's products all over the place.
All meals were superb and we were not able to go to the japanese restaurants which seems one of the jewels of the place. We watched the swimming pool but the weather was not the best one to swim so we went to the Molton Brown spa... the best massage I remember, a sofisticated atmosphere, a lovely relaxing smell of spices...(I am just relaxing as I'll remember). Top-quality!
One of the nights after returning from a disco we had fresh strawberries with whipped cream. I did not leave a single one in the plate. Outrageous!
Last day we enter the indoor salted pool which is heated where you're able to listen to music outside and inside of the water. Just floating on the salty water is a must. Only available for people being lodged at the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business