“Take away a pizza, my favourite Alfresco Super Supreme.”

Donatella's Alfresco Ristorante Pizzeria
Ranked #56 of 244 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

Great pizza made the old fashioned way. My favourite the Alfresco Super Supreme with a little chilli.

Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

All I wanted was veal scaloppine.
Reviews of 4* noted and within the budget of the company we had, I made booking. Arrived to a filthy table not cleared. Waited 10 mins whilst that was sorted and they rearranged tables.
Orders taken by people who didn't look at all like staff or waiters, the first couldn't understand English so called another to help.
Without a doubt the worst veal we've ever had. Chewy and the plate flooded with sauce nearly dripping over the edge, it looked like soup on a dinner plate. Each meal had a spoonful of mixed frozen veggies and nothing else. It wasn't just the veal, pizza and parmigiana were also dry and really awful.
The table cloth was wet from the waitress wiping it with a sponge?!!
Lights turned down and furniture being packed up, knocking our seats, and bumping our guests, obviously sending messages they wanted us gone at 8.30pm.
No offer of coffee or dessert. What an absolute disaster.
How does this place rate 4*??
So disappointed

1  Thank Yvonne W
Reviewed 2 September 2016

Best veggi pizza ever had in southport. i am not going to order a pizza to any other pizza shop. thanks

Reviewed 17 July 2016

Oh Tripadvisor... every now and then you play a terrible trick and Donatello is one of those times. Calling this establishment a restaurant is using incredible license. It's basically a dirty take out / delivery pizza joint with a couple of tables with plastic tablecloths, flourescent lights, sticky menus, badly patched plaster walls with wires hanging.. and that's the good points. When we walked in, we thought we had the wrong address. It was a booked out Saturday night at all the other restaurants in the area... but we were the only people in Donatello which should have been the first clue. We were all horrified when we walked in but my parents are elderly and thought it would be rude to leave. Our waiter was about 80 years old and had a seniors moment half way thru taking our orders and wandered off for about 10 minutes. When I ordered the funghi pasta, he asked me what was in it so he could tell the kitchen. To cut a long story short, my pasta was more like a watery soup with boiled rubbery mushrooms and the same processed ham they use on the pizzas. I ate a few bites and could not stomach anymore. It was the worst pasta dish I've ever eaten in my life and that includes my own cooking which is subpar at best. My parents only ordered salad as they were too scared to try anything else and got half a lettuce with a boiled egg on top. They were unable to accommodate my kids order of pasta with butter because the kitchen didn't have any butter. The crazy thing is Donatello charges $15 - $20 for horrible pasta and $20 - $30 for mains which I imagine are not much better - which is the same price you pay in Main Beach for top quality food. Anyway, after a few bites, we realized the food was inedible, paid the bill and headed directly to Red Rooster drive thru. This is one of the top 10 worst "restaurants" I've ever been to. Unless it's take out pizza you're after, don't, just don't.

3  Thank canyonmom
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

Rude and worst customer service ever.
I ordered from them at menu log and after paid 10 minutes before the deliver they cancel the order. Called them. After waiting 5 minutes on the phone they said were too busy to deliver but we could pick up. My partner went then there and nothing was ready, no one knows anything.
They have been extremely rude with him as well.
They have to learn how to treat people before making pizza in Australia.

1  Thank Sarah Oz G