“Road Noise is FIERCE!”
Review of Super 8 Salisbury

Super 8 Salisbury
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Salisbury
Reviewed 19 April 2015

Room was clean, BUT my room (201) faced the highway. The road noise is beyond loud and at times shook the room. I stayed for 3 days and asked if I could move to another room, but they made excuses as to why I couldn't switch. Hotel has no elevator, which was odd. Pool looked dirty and not like pictures posted. Breakfast was okay, but could have been better even for a budget hotel. Get a room not facing the highway should you book this place. I have no plans to stay here again. Spend the money and stay at the Marriot.

Room Tip: Get room on back side of hotel away from highway.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank lennon1124
Kalpesh R, Manager at Super 8 Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2015

Thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry for the inconvenience you had with your stay. We hope that you consider us for your future stay so we have the opportunity to serve you more to your liking.

Reviewed 15 April 2015

Booking in advance, through Wyndham Rewards, does not ensure front desk staff will prioritize your request or treat you any differently than booking through a third party website. Always full of excuses as to why they can't fulfill your room request. (i.e. King vs. Double, Non-smoking vs. Smoking, 1st floor vs. 2nd floor, facing highway or back) Check in is ALWAYS a confusing and inconsistent mess. Front desk staff blames 3rd party sites for over booking, and explain that's why you can't get the room you requested, 30 days in advance, through Wyndham's website.( They make me feel as though I'm trying to rent a trailer at Myrtle Manor) Definitely need a better check in experience for Wyndham Gold members. Housekeeping works very hard. Rooms are cleaned to perfection.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank DirkDiggler26

Thank you for staying with us. We apologize that your check in process was not satisfactory. We will review our check in procedures with our front desk staff to ensure it is above our standards.

Reviewed 1 April 2015

Everything was great except for the smell of marijuana. Occupants in room 227 were partying very loudly and smoke was filling the hallways with the stinch of marijuana. This ultimately resulted in the cops knocking on doors throughout Saturday night so sleep was out of the question.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for choosing us for your accommodation need.s

Reviewed 28 March 2015

Poor front desk service, key cards weren't programmed right at check-in and had to be reprogrammed on the second day. Said they didn't know I was staying two nights despite my reservation for two nights. Screens hanging off front windows of hotel where long term customers were staying, stairwells are filthy. No follow up after I complained about someone knocking on my door at 10 PM, made for a rough night of sleep. Breakfast included toast, waffles, microwavable grits, oatmeal, and cinnimon rolls as well as bananas. Coffee was gross. Went to elsewhere for coffee. Room was clean and would have been a good stay if there weren't so many issues outside of my room.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Shannon H
Kalpesh R, Manager at Super 8 Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2015

Please accept my humble apologies for the service that was provided during your stay. Our front desk should have properly made your key for the 2-night stay. They should also have definitely followed up with you after the incident. I assure you these are not our standards. We aim for perfection but sometimes we make mistakes in the process. Please forgive us for our mistakes and give us another chance to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 27 March 2015

Unfortunately, I came to Salisbury for a traffic ticket I received while driving to Pensacola, Florida. (Wreckless.. 83 mph in a 65 mph, they make ti mandatory that you have to come to the court for this type of ticket) I searched over a few different types of hotels in the area and settled on this one based on the pictures online and some of the reviews. The lady at the front desk was very pleasant. There was a fish tank that was really nice and clean with no fish? I walked by to view the pool, (as I had packed my swimming suit after seeing this information online) and the pool didn't look clean. There was a grey hue at the bottom of the pool and no pool lights in the enclosed pool area. This gave the indoor pool a murky look. Once I got inside the room, the room was made up nicely, but definitely needed some upgrading. A little dusty on the refrigerator. The bathroom had areas where it looks like the shower curtain rod was barely holding on, but overall, everything held up while I was there. This is a place fine for laying your head for one night. I wouldn't recommend this place for long stays.

Room Tip: This is a good place for people who need a place to stay due to traffic court. This hotel is about 1...
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank CaressHudson

I apologize that our accommodations did not meet your expectations. There is a brown algae eater in the fish tank and is a nocturnal fish therefore it stays hidden within the fish tank décor. The size of the algae eater is such that only one fish can successfully survive in our 45 gallon tank. The pool lights are turned off to conserve energy when no one is in the pool area. The grey hue at the bottom of the pool is textured a special way so that our guests to do not slip when inside the pool. We have recently upgraded our bedding, furniture and upgraded to 42-inch LED TVs. We are continually striving to keep the property up-to-date. We really hope you give us another chance to serve you. I’m sure you will not be disappointed.