“Big Helpings of Italian Food...”
Review of Cafe Vesuvio

Cafe Vesuvio
Ranked #16 of 132 Restaurants in Sanford
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2018

We decided we wanted Italian food and headed to Cafe Vesuvio. The restaurant has been in the same location for a while and we have eaten there before...but it has been several years ago. At that time the food tasted more pre-processed than home-made. That's the basic reason I had not wanted to return to eat here. However, several folk in town had spoken highly of the current menu.

I ordered veal parmigiana and was very pleased with taste and quantity of food I was served. The salad was the usual garden variety salad, but all the items were very fresh. The garlic bread was also very good.

Our waitress was superb. She was friendly and very attentive of our needs.

The only less than perfect issue we had was that the calamari was over-cooked. It looked delicious on the plate when it was delivered...but sadly it was very chewy. Calamari is generally a good measuring stick for how good the cooks in the kitchen are... However, I am willing to forgive this one misstep by figuring the cooks were very busy that particular evening. I hope that someone from Cafe Vesuvio reads my remarks and will stress the importance of having every food item perfect when it is served.

All in all, Cafe Vesuvio is an excellent place to eat Italinan food in Sanford. I will certainly eat here again...

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Moved to the area over a year ago and was asking some coworkers where the best place there get “real”, non-chain Pizza, was. Both of them suggested Cafe Vesuvio. So glad they did. I ordered a Margherita and a Hawaiian to go. They were both very good. The sauce had lots of flavor and the crust was beautifully thin. Can’t wait to go back and try some there other dishes.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Tucked away in strip plaza, can't see inside, from parking area. GREAT Italian food. Alfredo sauce was great, probably best I have eaten. Place is definite local eating place 3 meals, with salads (house salad had green olives, cucumber and tomato) 2 bottle beers and 2 sweet tea, bill was just over $58 bucks. We will be back for sure.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Never had a bad meal here! Nice place to go for great pizza, rotisserie chicken dinner, pasta and sandwiches.Good place to go when everyone in your group wants something different. Excellent service, nice and clean.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We discovered the lobster ravioli on or last visit and couldn't wait to have more. It is covered in a rich mushroom cream sauce. As we are finishing the last two ravioli we say that we really shouldn't eat it all, but should take some of it home to eat the next day.... but then the plate is empty. The service here is always good. They have many other good things on the menu as well.

Been to Cafe Vesuvio? Share your experiences!