“It's a franchise serving pancakes. ”
Review of IHOP

IHOP
Ranked #51 of 107 Restaurants in Shelby
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

If you've been to one IHOP, you've been to them all.

Nothing special. Overrated. Overpriced. They're pancakes.

The local breakfast diners have variety, atmosphere, and are reasonable.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

The only thing I've ever found variable with iHops is the personnel. Likely it's just the personalities of the servers. That said, the servers at the Shelby, NC iHop have been delightful for years. They enjoy interaction, and of course, they're not going to fail to do their jobs while "visiting" with patrons. It's just right. - Again, the selections below require one of several. So my choices are forced, not accurate.

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

From the second we walked in we were warmly greeted, seated and waited on. Our waitress was Shannon. While it seemed she was new to waitressing, she attentIvely accommodated our requests with every bit of a seasoned server. Our food was delivered quickly and she checked in us to make sure we had everything we needed and were satisfied. I love when someone who chooses being on a wait staff appreciates the decision they made to do this job and treats all the customers as if they were the only one.

Thank you Shannon and kudos IHOP for providing such a wonderful server.

Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

We arrived late one night right before closing time. Staff was friendly and checked on us several times during our meal. Food was good and well prepared. Restaurant was clean as was the parking and grounds.

Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

Visited today with my daughter, wasn't too crowded so it was great. Our waitress Shannon was very nice, brought our drinks quickly. I asked before ordering good if my daughter could get a Philly steak with no onions, and she said yes. So I ordered the Philly with no onion for her, and a spicy chicken ranch sandwich for myself. When the food came, we noticed right away that there were onions on the Philly. Sent it back on a plate with the fries. Another sandwich came 5 minutes later, which was quick. The cheese wasn't melted. No fries... Had to wait on more to cook. Realized at this time that there were no hot peppers or ranch on my spicy chicken ranch sandwich. I requested a cup of ranch, which I received. Then my daughter found a large piece of white paper mixed in the steak. Prob from the meat wrapper. Then she found a large square shaped chunk of ham! Lol. We didn't mention either one of those things, and the food was actually really good otherwise. The waitress Shannon brought me a dipping sauce that she mixed personally for me, saying that it had been a topper for a discontinued menu item, a southwestern type sandwich. It was delicious... I'm not joking, it was great. Plus she kept checking with us and brought me lots of coffee. The manager and another waitress also checked in on us. Made the silly food mixups worth it. Thank you, Shannon! Just get the cook to pay more attention...

Been to IHOP? Share your experiences!