“Love a good steak”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

..... but I opted for the chicken. Arrived in Smithfield the night before an air show. Decided on the Outback. They have a special with 4 courses for 14.95 which we couldn't pass up. Thankful we didn't. Though we did add onion petals. Soup salad main course and a side then cheesecake. Check please. Our server could not have been sweeter and more attentive. Great dining experience.

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

We were working out of town so we figured a well known place like Outback would be a safe bet.
Not so fast there pardner
Our waiter took our order for a blooming onion and said the bread was just coming out of the oven and he would bring it right out.
Well the over cooked onion came out but the bread never showed at all.
The salads came out and were fresh.
The sweet potato was good too.
The ribeye was another story.
I ordered mine medium rare but it came out medium well to well done.
When I cut it open and discovered how it was cooked I commented that it wasn't cooked right. The waiter said "humph"
We stared at each other for a second and he asked if I wanted a different one. It seemed like it was up to me be the bad guy. This should have been a no brainer. I just said leave it and he said ok. When we were finished with the meal and he saw that I had eaten only one bite if the steak he wanted to know if I wanted it boxed. No thanks. If I didn't eat it here I won't eat it at home. Never did he take it off the bill or have the manager come by to remedy the problem.

1  Thank Robert P
OutbackGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Hi Robert,

We’re very disappointed that your visit ended up this way. Please take a moment to email us at news@outback.com with the subject: TripAdvisor Review – Smithfield, NC so we can follow up with you soon.

Leah
Outback Steakhouse

Reviewed 18 May 2017

We were seated in Kendal's area. He is a very polite, courteous, and professional server.
We ordered the Victoria Fillets. They are an excellent cut and taste. We were not disappointed. The coconut shrimp and the salads were a great addition to the meal.
This is not our first visit to this location and it won't be the last.
If you get a chance to be served by Kendal, consider congratulating the new attorney.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

I love to go there, but every time I do my clothes smell like grease when I leave. This restaurant has a huge ventilation problem. I can't believe this is going on at this brand. They need help. This has happened several times.

1  Thank kenneth j
Reviewed 27 April 2017

We walked her from our hotel. Everything was great from service to dessert. Even sung happy birthday to someone in our party.

1  Thank nikkijersey