Lowest prices for your stay
US$116
US$116
FindHotel
US$103
HIExpress.comUS$116
Hotels.comUS$116
TravelocityUS$116
All reviews cinnamon rolls nice hotel sausage gas station oatmeal biscuits staff was friendly off the highway our room was spacious first morning great stay would definitely stay here again pleasant experience front desk clerk hie mountains ihg
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 October 2014

My husband and I found this hotel by mistake. Our previous hotel was no longer a holiday inn express and as we are rewards members this was important to us. We had planned on only staying a few days and traveling on to other sites the end of July 2014 to early August 2014. However this facility spoiled us. The staff, of whom I have forgotten their names and I apologize for this, were the best.I as well apologize for the lateness of this review.They were friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. From the manager to the housekeeper, from the ladies in the breakfast bar to the security, we could not have asked for a better staff. The rooms were clean and comfortable and even though we had to move because we extended our stay, the room was still just as good as the first. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. As I said, we extended out entire stay and stayed here the entire week. The hotel staff made us feel like old friends and family. Thank you.

Room tip: Rooms on the upper floors are very nice and have a little better view of the smokey mountains
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2014

I have stayed at several Holiday Inn Express Hotels. They provide a great value for chain hotels in the middle price range. My all-time favorite is the Holiday Inn Express in Dillsboro, NC. This hotel is quite new and was built about 1 1/2 years ago. The rooms are nicely appointed and modern and we really enjoy the indoor pool. The breakfast is quite nice with excellent cinnamon rolls and tasty country biscuits. But, what is best about this hotel is the service! I tried to stay here during Western Carolina University's Family Weekend September 12-14, but the hotel was sold out. I selected a nearby hotel. One of my top priorities during my stay was doing my son's laundry, I realized that the other hotel where I was staying did not have a guest laundry facility. I was on a super tight time schedule balancing work and visiting my son and just had to do his laundry. I called the Holiday Inn to see if they may have had a cancellation. When they understood my situation and noticed that I was a repeat guest, they allowed me to use their guest laundry which was miraculously not in use at the time. This was something that they did not have to offer to me. But, I was so appreciative! I am sure that you will feel appreciated and will receive excellent, caring service as well. Thank you so much!

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Great hotel in the North Carolina mountains. Stayed here on business, the room was clean, modern, and had a fridge and a microwave. Front desk service was great, and the bed was nice and big and soft, and the water pressure in the hotel was great. Would stay here everytime i'm in the area, great experience and one of the best Holiday Inn Expresses that i've ever stayed at.

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed here overnight and had a wonderful experience. The breakfast was fantastic! Hotel was clean, staff super friendly and courteous, the room clean and orderly, and in good condition. We enjoyed the hot tub and pool area as did the kids and other adult in the hotel. I will definitely repeat the stay if in the area again.

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Booked in for two nights, allocated room 311.

Usual contents of room, the free Wi-Fi worked well but I could not get a T-Mobile signal within the hotel.

Breakfast, very strange. It was scrambled eggs, some sort of gravy, it looked like mushroom sauce and sliced pork. The usual orange juice and brand corn flakes. Cheese omelette and sausage patty also available.

The two nights cost $219, a bit on the high side

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Mgr_HIXDillsboro, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sylva Western Carolina Area, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear GasFromSomerset:

Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express during your recent visit to our beautiful western North Carolina mountains! And thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We do apologize that we did not make a better impression, as we do strive for excellent service and accommodations for all of our guests, and we regret that we let you down on this occasion.

The gravy you mentioned is a popular item in the southern regions of the US, and is made with pork sausage; many people love to eat this gravy on our soft and buttery biscuits. Another popular breakfast item is our pancake machine, for fresh-made warm pancakes to cover with butter and syrup; and also the delicious warm cinnamon rolls for which HIExpress is famous! But for those who prefer healthier fare, we also have turkey sausage, whole wheat English muffins, yogurt, raison bran cereal, bananas, apples and oranges, all available on the breakfast bar each morning.

We do hope you will give us another chance in the future to really WOW you with our warm, southern hospitality and beautiful updated accommodations. Thank you again!