Lowest prices for your stay
US$130
Free cancellation until 29/05/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$130
Destinia.com
US$122
PricelineUS$130
Hotels.comUS$130
TravelocityUS$130
All reviews sausage biscuits oatmeal gas station staff was friendly off the highway our room was spacious great stay would definitely stay here again pleasant experience front desk clerk hie mountains ihg couch bedding facility
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 August 2021 via mobile

Just your typical, run-of-the-mill HIE in Sylva. Quick check in, easy access to downtown Dillsboro and Sylva, and mostly clean room. The motorhome graveyard in front of the hotel that other reviews mention is still there. There were a few hairs noted on the bathroom floor that weren’t mine, and the carpet had a damp spot near the closet area when I first walked into the room. Everything else was fine.

Room tip: Turn into the hotel near the motorhome graveyard.
Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2021

Stayed for a couple nights for a quick mountain getaway and to give the kids some pool time before they go back to school. The staff was very friendly and went above and beyond to ensure we had an enjoyable stay--even going as far as asking if the temperature of the hot tub was warm enough. Speaking of pool, it was crystal clean! Even though they are still not doing full breakfast (COVID,) the choices were still good--danish, muffins, oatmeal, and even microwavable sausage biscuits. We stayed in one of the suites and it was HUGE. Plenty of room for a family of six. The Subway/gas station near the hotel is also a major plus. If you like beer like me, plenty of options for local and imported brews on sale. If I have one complaint, it was the junk yard on the property.. It's just..weird.. But this did not deter from a good stay--my son was fascinated by the old helicopter. Great stay, will definitely be back!

Room tip: If you have a large family, get a suite. They're huge!
Reviewed 19 July 2021

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for one night in July, and I did not feel the quality of this hotel matched what I expect when I book one of their properties. Pros for the property were that it was clean and the staff was friendly and tried to be helpful. My disappointment was in the actual size of the room I booked. The room was the smallest I have ever had at any Holiday Inn facility. The two beds took up the entire length of one side of the room. There was enough space to walk beside the bed, but not enough room for any additional furniture. A small table with two straight back chairs lined the other wall next to the dresser. The two chairs were uncomfortable, and there was no other seating option in the room except the beds. We only stayed overnight so we made do with sitting on the edge of the bed, but it would be very uncomfortable to stay in the room for more than a day because of the seating limitations. I felt I would have had a room just as good as this one at the lower brand hotel across the street, and it was about $25 cheaper. I book with IHG because I expect consistent quality, but this room just did not match that expectation.

Room tip: Ask if any suite rooms are available to get a slightly larger room.
Reviewed 5 July 2021

We were here visiting our oldest son, who is an actor at the Unto These Hills theatre. We stayed for two nights the weekend of the 4th of July and I was beyond pleased with the service we received while here. Check-in was a breeze and the front desk clerk was very friendly and made sure we had what we needed.

My wife is on a knee scooter and crutches due to a broken foot and our room was spacious and comfortable, the water pressure in the shower was good and hot.

There is a piece of property next door that is home to a bunch of burned-out and abandoned RVs which is odd and something you wouldn't expect the hotel would enjoy being there, but it really doesn't affect the hotel stay so it didn't really bother me.

Breakfast is still the grab-and-go kind. Fruits, muffins, Nutri-Grain bars and oatmeal are the offerings with juices and coffee. Don't come right now expecting to get eggs and bacon or sausage in the morning when you wake up.

Like I said...overall a pleasant experience.

Reviewed 17 May 2021

Hotel is serviceable but strange. There are a bunch of derelict RV’s RIGHT beside it for no apparent reason - in other words a junkyard, at best a storage area? Also beware that an “executive suite” gets you a couch … still an *extremely* small room.
Re breakfast - signs saying eggs, but no boiled eggs. Also - no milk, so if you have kids, bring your own. When asked why, an employee said “because they won’t let us carry it yet.” When asked why, no idea. Maybe something to do with covid?? Who knows…. Stayed during gas/pipeline terrorist hack, and lines to the gas station were allowed to block the driveway to the hotel. Staff were unconcerned. Had to drive our car off road just to get in, but whatever. Don’t want to be all negative, so I will say that the sheets are very soft and high quality, and the staff was nice if taking life with a relaxed attitude… lol. Fine, just don’t expect the Ritz.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travellingdame
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sylva Western Carolina Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2021

Hi Travellingdame,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay. I am happy you found the bed amenities to be good. A warm and friendly atmosphere makes such a difference when you’re away from home.

I am sorry you found the hotel area, room dimension small, the level of customer service less accommodating, and the breakfast poor. In response to the Covid situation, we had to reduce our offerings to promote the safety of our guests and employees.

Your feedback is valued as it is a vital way for us to improve our amenities and services. I have shared this with the hotel management for review.

Should your travels bring you back to the area we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Warmest regards,