See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 September 2015

2 retired couples used the Lions Gate Inn as a home base while we rode the Neuse River Trail in late September. The property was immaculate. Louise was the perfect host. The grounds were beautiful. We used 2 of the 3 bedrooms (Jane & Hayden) on the second floor because they had showers. In addition there are 2 first floor suites with kitchens. There is a TV in the large sun room at the rear of the first floor. We wish Louise well in her move to Denver to be with family.

Room Tip: The Katherine bedroom has a tub (no shower). One suite has 1 bedroom, the other has 2. Both suites have kitchens.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fred R
Reviewed 7 June 2015

Being a local I never thought I'd get an opportunity to stay at this magnificent house so when I got an opportunity to stay at The Lions Gate Inn as part of a girls weekend away trip, I took it. We were all local to the area but it still felt like a trip away at the same time.

The experience was unforgettable from the moment you walk in the door, you are greeted by Louise who makes sure that all your needs are met and will direct you to your room. She pays such close attention to details and even irons the sheets.

The house is very impressive from the library to the kitchen to the sun room. There is a garden in the back and plenty of parking on the side of the house or in the back.

Breakfast was quiche, juice, coffee, tea, and fruit. She will fill you up for your day ahead.

I highly recommend this bed and breakfast over staying at a local hotel as you will be taken care of here and it really gives you a feel of the Wake Forest area. You are situated in a historic part of town and it is a short walk if you want to walk downtown.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Bill and Louise have done such a wonderful job making their inn the showplace of this beautiful street in Wake Forest. I had such a nice visit with Louise upon my arrival. The accommodations were exquisite and the breakfast delicious. I was sad to leave there and hope to have more reasons to be back in Wake Forest soon.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Hayden room, the masculine room on the floor. Fitting for me as I was traveling alone.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank DFrasier
Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

If all B&B's were like this one Marriott would be out of business the hospitality is wonderful and friendly, rooms are large airy and very clean. Breakfast is real home made and delicious. The owners solicit your preferences for the breakfast so not packaged food. Lovely wine time with cheese.
I am not usually a B&B's type but when I am this area this is where I stay, you should too

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank PolarisGuy
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Staying at the Lion's Gate Inn was a lovely experience in every way! It is beautifully decorated and immaculately clean. We received a very warm welcome from Bill and Louise Howard and were delighted to stay in the "Katherine". I could not resist immediately jumping in that gorgeous claw foot tub and taking a bath. We enjoyed delicious wine and cheese with the Howards before supper. Our room was exquisitely appointed (as in the entire Inn) and our bed could not have been more comfortable and inviting. It was like sleeping in a cloud. Breakfast the next morning was perfect. As a matter of fact, it is worth it to stay here just for the gourmet breakfast alone! Thank you to Bill and Louise Howard for an unforgettable experience!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple