See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 January 2017

Great food, excellent hospitality!
Accommodations were excellent and beautiful.
Location very good.
Rooms well situated and lovely.
Hostess was very friendly and accommodating.
Restaurants were nearby and very good.

Room Tip: Hayden room was a very good choice.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Richard S
Reviewed 16 July 2016

Louise Howard is the perfect host and the breakfast was delicious. She and her husband took a run down, falling apart home and remodeled from top to bottom turning each room into an elegant experience. We had the king room. It had a clawfoot tub and hand held shower. The room was beautiful. Louise put the B&B up for sale when we were there so if you want a first class experience at a B&B, we recommend that you stay there soon.

Room Tip: Each of the rooms was beautifully appointed. Some have showers, some tubs. If you have a preference, check before you come.
Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judith L
Reviewed 30 September 2015

2 retired couples used the Lions Gate Inn as a home base while we rode the Neuse River Trail in late September. The property was immaculate. Louise was the perfect host. The grounds were beautiful. We used 2 of the 3 bedrooms (Jane & Hayden) on the second floor because they had showers. In addition there are 2 first floor suites with kitchens. There is a TV in the large sun room at the rear of the first floor. We wish Louise well in her move to Denver to be with family.

Room Tip: The Katherine bedroom has a tub (no shower). One suite has 1 bedroom, the other has 2. Both suites have kitchens.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fred R
Reviewed 7 June 2015

Being a local I never thought I'd get an opportunity to stay at this magnificent house so when I got an opportunity to stay at The Lions Gate Inn as part of a girls weekend away trip, I took it. We were all local to the area but it still felt like a trip away at the same time.

The experience was unforgettable from the moment you walk in the door, you are greeted by Louise who makes sure that all your needs are met and will direct you to your room. She pays such close attention to details and even irons the sheets.

The house is very impressive from the library to the kitchen to the sun room. There is a garden in the back and plenty of parking on the side of the house or in the back.

Breakfast was quiche, juice, coffee, tea, and fruit. She will fill you up for your day ahead.

I highly recommend this bed and breakfast over staying at a local hotel as you will be taken care of here and it really gives you a feel of the Wake Forest area. You are situated in a historic part of town and it is a short walk if you want to walk downtown.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Bill and Louise have done such a wonderful job making their inn the showplace of this beautiful street in Wake Forest. I had such a nice visit with Louise upon my arrival. The accommodations were exquisite and the breakfast delicious. I was sad to leave there and hope to have more reasons to be back in Wake Forest soon.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Hayden room, the masculine room on the floor. Fitting for me as I was traveling alone.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business