“Nice place for dinner in Waynesville”
Review of The Sweet Onion

The Sweet Onion
Ranked #4 of 126 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2017

We stopped by for dinner on a busy Saturday night. The wait was 45 minutes, but well worth it. I had the turkey meatloaf with portobello mushrooms. For my sides I choose mashed potatoes and collard greens. My wife chose a schnitzel with collard greens and roasted veggies. We both loved our meals.The meatloaf was probably the best I have ever eaten. It was all reasonably priced, and served in a bustling yet pleasant atmosphere.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,396)

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

The best all around restaurant in Waynesville. Diverse menu to attract every palette. The crab cakes are to die for. Their chef specials are very well put together and well worth the price. The service is great and very attentive. Order the tri-tip roast beef dinner. It's fabulously tender and delicious.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

I really like the menu, the staff, the consistently good food. Getting reservations for a larger than four party group is relatively easy. The staff are attentive and eager to please and the food is fresh an we'll prepared and presented. If only I could hear myself think. The noise of diners conversing, staff delivering or taking orders and the kitchen clatter are not conducive to a good digestion. Because of this, I limit myself to lunch visits.

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

If ever you are fortunate to be in Waynesville, NC go to 39 Miller st., that's where the Sweet Onion is located. The food is WONDERFUL and the service was friendly. I thought I knew what I wanted on the menu then we heard what the specials of the day were. I chose the chicken, portabella mushroom, blue cheese and pepper sandwich on a brioche bun. One word - AMAZING!

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Fantastic, a menu to cover most tastes. Upscale without being stifling, wonderful friendly staff. The food cooked perfectly. A place where you can eat gourmet for a reasonable price. With an array of options I will be back to sample more of their fare.