All reviewsbreakfast buffetomelet stationwalk in closetpro shoplarge closetmade to order omeletsin great shapecork cleaverthe main lodgea mountain view roomfriestwo night stayblue ridgespacious roomup to datebeautiful settingget away
Reviewed 7 September 2017

First, and most obviously, the employees are amazing, invariably friendly, considerate and thoughtful. I don't believe I have ever stayed in a place where everyone was as genuinely warm and caring.

The facility is nice and comfortable, though not always as polished or manicured as a high-end resort. The setting, overlooking the golf course with mountains framing the views, is wonderful, even exhilarating. We stayed in a cottage, and our rooms (bedroom and living area) were both amazingly spacious. The carpeting was a bit thin and the furniture basic, but our needs were met and we slept well on the beds. The TV seemed to be from another era entirely, but we didn't come on this trip to watch TV.

The food is amazing and exceptionally well priced, and the staff is attentive and friendly. The breakfast, included with your room, must be the best deal anywhere, with a wide variety of hot and cold choices, including eggs and omelets cooked to order. This is the perfect way to start your day and prepare for hiking, golf or any other outdoor activity. Dinners were delicious and substantial, and I recommend the trout and prime rib. For desert, you cant go wrong with the chocolate cake or chocolate and peanut butter pie.

I would love to spend time here again in the future and recommend it wholeheartedly

Room Tip: Nice rooms in the oldest part of the hotel, overlooking the golf course, while the cottages and rooms in the newer buildings are larger.
Reviewed 6 September 2017

We took advantage of a two-night stay using a Groupon. The service was fantastic, the location was great, and the employees were friendly.

We stayed in a "rustic" room. They weren't kidding. We were given an old fashioned metal room key. The room was clean, but it was definitely rustic. The decor was dated, but the room was clean. The blinds were broken and one window wouldn't open. Unfortunately the mattresses were springy and need to be replaced. Outside the room, the hotel was showing the age of its last renovation (1980s?). The carpet was clean (we saw the cleaning crew cleaning it every morning), but was worn out.

The first night we were there, the A/C finally gave up, going out in the whole "rustic" portion of the property. At least the weather was good and the maintenance crew did promptly fix the window that wouldn't open.

On the bright side, we enjoyed the swimming pool and having coffee on the rockers on the porch in the evening. And the breakfast is AMAZING and included with your room. It's not the best hotel I've stayed at, but a fantastic deal for the money with your breakfast.

Room Tip: Rustic means rustic, but other rooms not in the main building.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2017

We took advantage of a two-night stay using a Groupon. The front desk employees couldn't be nicer during check in, and gave us a lovely room facing the golf course. When we got into the room, I tried calling the front desk to change to a King size bed. The Hotel room phone was dead, so we called the front desk using our cellphone. He explained the underground phone lines were cut, and some rooms did not have phone service.

The room was extremely clean and spacious, clean sheets and towels, with bathroom amenities, including a hair dryer on the wall.

The resort offers three nine-hole golf tracks, two are fairly flat with wide fairways on the valley floor. The third track, the Blue Ridge, offers more hilly terrain. It's narrower and a bit more challenging. This mountain golfing was very enjoyable. The course was wet from rain and the rough was thicker than normal.

The complimentary Wi-Fi is extremely spotty and sometimes non-existent.

The complimentary breakfast buffet was delicious and served by a friendly omelet chef and table hostess. They were extremely welcoming and made us feel at home.

I tried making Spa reservations two months ago. The Balsam Spa receptionist was extremely rude and does not offer all that is advertised. I called twice with hopes of a more positive experience without success. It appears they do not want your business. There were no cars parked in front of the Spa, and this speaks volumes. My advice is to go off-property for any Spa service you're needing. The Maggie Valley Wellness Center gets five stars for spa treatments, they genuinely are happy to see you!

The resort's employees made this a wonderful experience, and the scenery is right up there with them. We'll be back!

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Well, I've been coming to the Waynesville Inn & CC for at least 15 years and it seems to get better every year. I have always stayed in the Mountain / Golf View units the furthest away from the main building and they are very comfortable. They have 2 Double beds, full bath, plenty of room for a couple with a great view of the mountains and a couple of the Carolina 9 golf holes...Breakfasts are included in each nightly stay and with eggs of any type cooked to order and the rest of the buffet, you'll never leave breakfast hungry. The staff is extremely friendly, housekeeping is spot on each day, the pool was well maintained and I used it everyday of my stay, rehabbing my knee replacement and they do offer pool towels as well. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to play golf this time because of my knee, but wife and I did alot of walking, down to Walmart, Belks and other stores in the area. The Inn is pretty centrally located to wherever you need to go. TV is still the tube type, but very functional and has lots of channels. The unit types that I stay in are 2 stories and only have steps, no elevator so if on the 2nd floor, you have to take all your stuff up 2 flights of stairs, which with the view, we had no problem (wife did most of it)....One of their buildings (Fairway) does offer pet friendly rooms, if interested. Each afternoon, we sat in the rockers at the Main building and just watched the golfers come through and visited with all the other guests here. Can't go wrong staying here. Keep in mind that it's NOT a high activity place, very low key and quiet...I will continue to return yearly and enjoy ourselves.

Room Tip: Main building has elevators; Fairway and Mountain/Golf/Brookside DO not have them.
Reviewed 25 August 2017

if you are looking for someplace trendy with lots of activities, the Waynesville Inn Golf Resort & Spa is not for you—especially if you are not a golfer. But if you are looking for a quiet place to get away with a beautiful view and great value for the price, this is your place. We paid a small upcharge for a room with a mountain view and the view was spectacular. We were assigned a room in the “Golfview” building which meant we had about a 5 minute walk (some of it through parking lot) to get to the main building with restaurant. My only suggestion would be to put in a pathway between all buildings. The room was very large with lots of amenities and the king-size be was very comfortable as were the pillows. Some of the reviews I read remarked on tired and out-dated decor. I would agree the lobby areas of the main building were very tired. And the bed was fitted with a colorful bedspread rather than the trendy white, fluffy comforters (aka Wyndham) that have taken over the industry so some would call this dated. But we get way too hot under those “heavenly bed” comforters and much prefer a blanket and bed spread especially outside of winter. We loved having a separate sink/mirror in the room so I and my husband weren’t competing for sink or mirror space in the morning! We loved having 2 comfortable chairs with ottoman to share rather than the usual 1-man chair. We also enjoyed having 2 chairs and a table on the patio to drink coffee in the morning or share a glass of wine in the evening or just read. The A/C did struggle to bring down the temperatures at night when day time temperatures were in the nineties but there was a cathedral ceiling with ceiling fan to help cool things off. You do have to drive about 30 minutes for most activities other than golf or swimming (hiking, rafting, canoeing, shopping at outlets) but you are not paying Biltmore prices. There is a full-service on-site Spa which is small (so reservations are recommended) but very professional and so accommodating. Included in the very reasonable room price, you get a full breakfast with a made-to-order omelet bar every morning not just a continental breakfast. We ate 2 evening meals in The Tap Room. Once again, the A/C had a hard time keeping up but there were fans to cool you off. The service and the food were excellent! The staff were both friendly and helpful. All-in-all the Waynesville Inn is a great value for the price!

Room Tip: Enjoyed the mountain view rooms