“Just drinks”

Boondocks Brewing
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Please see our menu at http://www.boondocksbeer.com/menu. Boondocks Brewing was founded in 2012 with a mission to provide a fresh, unique and engaging destination for residents as well as visitors to Ashe County. We are a locally owned and employee run small business that is Dedicated to Excellence and Committed to our Community. We are Ashe County's first and only commercially licensed Craft Beer Brewery and we brew small batches of hand crafted beers weekly. With 2 locations in downtown West Jefferson, Boondocks Brewing offers full service dining, one of the State's best Craft Beer selections, off-site catering, customized special events, private parties and brewery tours. Boondocks Brewing is where the locals go and is a must stop destination for visitors to the High Country.
Reviewed 24 April 2022

Passed through town and stopped in for a drink. Loved the pumpkin ale, so good! Sat at the bar, quick and friendly service. Bought a can to go.

Date of visit: April 2022

Reviewed 29 December 2021

Another place to buy local beers, but the service is slow and the food isn't as good as the average beer joint. This was once the site of the best restaurant in town. It isn't any more. Rarely found open, probably a victim of Covid.

Date of visit: October 2021
Reviewed 18 December 2021

I've read some reviews that say the Boondocks is noisy and crowded, but my advice is to choose the right time to go. In these days of Covid and the avoidance of restaurants, my husband's and my habit of eating an early dinner at 2 or 3 pm has given us perfect timing in restaurant visits. Eating early is great for not feeling stodgy in the evening by over eating and it works really well for avoiding crowded restaurants. Now on to the food - I had the pot roast with mashed potatoes and green beans and the food was very tasty, although overly salty to me. I need to remember to ask the kitchen not to salt my food, although I suspect the saltiness was cooked into the gravy so maybe that might not have helped me. But the mashed potatoes were some of the best I've every had. My husband had the fish and chips and said they were excellent, in fact the best he's had in years. The fish was crispy with great flavor in the bread and was not watery like some other fish and chips he's had - this fish was very firm. The fries were hot and crispy. They were accompanied by cole slaw. He also had a bowl of the buffalo chicken soup which he liked. The price came to about $35 which is not unusual for a tourist town like West Jefferson.

Date of visit: December 2021
Reviewed 9 November 2021

My husband and I both ordered the grilled meatloaf, with mashed potatoes, & green beans. The waitress was knowledgeable regarding my need for gluten free; and, suggested some items, including the meatloaf (made with oatmeal). Good flavor; and, no allergic reaction. Husband also sampled some brews. Recommend.

Date of visit: November 2021
Reviewed 2 November 2021 via mobile

Great place in downtown West Jefferson. Our first time in this area and decided to stop by for lunch. From the time we stepped through the front door until we left the service was amazing. They might have been short staffed, but you couldn't tell. Had a coupke of there craft beers and found them to be tasty. I had the Meatloaf plate, and enjoyed it. Wife had the Boondocks burger and said it was well prepared. Another couple that was sitting beside us also complimented on there meal. And try the Jalapeno bottle caps. This is a must stop when in West Jefferson.

Date of visit: November 2021