Red Carpet Inn Wilkesboro
US$131
US$119
Hampton.com
US$105
Days Inn Wilkesboro(Wilkesboro)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$129
Travelocity
Motel 6 Jonesville(Jonesville)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 October 2016

Although the whole hotel is no smoking; our room smelled like smoke and there were carpet burns from cigarettes. There is not much to choose for breakfast except 2 choices of cereal or toast. We checked out and went across the road to Burger King.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else if you can.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EGB29607
Reviewed 23 May 2016

Good location near lots of services. Connie was very helpful and friendly at check-in. Rooms are being upgraded and updated. Our room, which was an upgraded one, was clean and fresh smelling. Mattresses were really comfortable. Especially liked the bedding which was a lightweight comforter plus blanket. Room was very functional with the vanity area separate from the bath/commode, small table with two chairs and a desk/ comfy chair combo. Upgraded shower-head. Flat screen, wall-mounted TV and good WiFi. Also, included in-room coffee maker, microwave and refrigerator. Extra plug-ins by night stand. Hope this was helpful.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms have nicer view. Upper rooms quieter (no elevator).
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Belinda M J
Reviewed 27 January 2016

I have stayed at this motel at least 100 times, only for it's low cost. I have stayed there during the reigns of different owners. On January, myself and my disabled vet son stayed at this motel. I parked right near the office door, near a light, and within view of a security camera.......or so I thought. We woke up the next morning to find that someone had removed my $300.00 rear seat off of my ATV. My son and I were going to go coyote hunting the next morning. The police responded, and I wrote the new wonderful owners a very nice long letter, asking them to assist in the replacement of my stolen property, because their security camera had been broken for a long time. I never even received a response, nothing. The only people who would stay t this motel are those with very little cash in their wallets. I will never stay at this place again. I always looked the other way with their crappy mattresses and pillows. I can't believe that I gave them my hard earned money almost 100 times since 1993. Beware, if you love your family, go elsewhere......

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank wayne m
Reviewed 26 October 2015

Stayed during peak leaf season when other chain motels were way over-priced. Decided to give Red Carpet Inn a try based on reviews indicating improvements and discounted rates. Our two bed/2nd floor room was basic but clean and pretty-good sized. Cable TV but not hi-def. Good shower. There was in-room coffee, a microwave and frig. Also, a small table, two chairs and a split vanity/bath. (One lamp was out on arrival, but fixed as soon as we called it in.) Beds were older but okay. Good shower, WiFi and HVAC. Note: Some single bed rooms had a desk and nice desk chair. On the downside, the bath was very cramped and showed much wear'n tear. No bath plug. Only place to set anything was on the toilet tank. There were only three plugs-ins. No cover on bottom mattress (stained) and need something to keep top mattress from sliding. Would have liked to have had a hair dryer, toilet seat cover, luggage rack, and better view. We had a parking lot view for three days. Hope this was helpful.

Room Tip: Pool side (pretty courtyard). Some rooms have desks and nice desk chairs.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2015 via mobile

I will say it's affordable and located near lots of food. It even has a built-in Japanese restaurant.
That being said, we were told we'd be getting a first floor room while reserving since we had a baby and 2 dogs in tow. When we arrived, not only were we on the 2nd floor, but we were also around the back, far from parking. Not normally an issue, but not cool when having a baby and pets to keep under control while unloading and making the long trip from car to out-of-the-way room.
During the night, I noticed 4 stink bugs on the ceiling. I threw them out the door. Maybe an hour later, I was up to about 20 of them in the room. By the time we went to bed, I had removed or killed 34 of them. When I told staff the next morning, they simply said the bugs get in the rooms when it rains sometimes. That should not be the response customers get.
At least the continental breakfast was decent.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family