“Wonderful Addition to the Wilmington Pizza Scene”
Review of Pizza Il Forno

Pizza Il Forno
Ranked #210 of 741 Restaurants in Wilmington
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Il Forno is a great addition to the Wilmington restaurant scene. The pizzas are small (considered "individual" size but I'd recommend sharing). The salads are quite large and worth sharing. The burrata...wow! It was fresh and had lots of flavor. The funghi pizza was delicious as was the pasta special. Lots of variety on the wine menu to choose from.

If you're looking for an Italian restaurant that serves large portions or heavy pizza, this isn't for you. It's nice to enjoy a wonderful meal that doesn't leave you feeling heavy and overwhelmed!

We can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

I have tried Il Forno for lunch and dinner and while the food is good at both I loved their lunch options best. $9.99 for a personal pizza and salad, can’t beat that. I would love to see them add something similar to the dinner menu and offer side caesar salads at dinner because they are so good!

Reviewed 13 February 2018

We went with friends after hearing good things about the restaurant. At the outset the restaurant is extremely noisy which always is a turn off when with others. We ordered wine which was very good. My wife and I ordered a pizza and Ripiena (a pasta dish with sausage, ricotta, etc). Our friends ordered the same. The pizza was hot and tasty but my pasta dish came out ice cold with frozen sausage inside. My friends dish (the same, was hot). Needless too say I had them take it back and ordered another pizza. Certainly not the waitresses fault and she was very nice but the staff brought out the dish and not our waitress which is always annoying. Needless to say our experience was not very good and we probably will not be back.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Went for a date night and totally enjoyed the evening. Very unique pizzas and great salads. Atmosphere was great and would recommend.

1  Thank Kimberley S
Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

It is our new go to place in Wilmington. Have great wine and wine choices, like the burrata appetizer, salads and sausage and peppers. Pizza is tasty and fresh

1  Thank novahappyguy