“Scrumptious!”

Fish House Grill
Ranked #51 of 703 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Casual waterfront dining on the Intracoastal Waterway. Located on historic Airlie Road, we offer fresh seafood, great entrée salads and an amazing view!
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Exquisite fresh seafood with a lovely marine view!Had the fish stew-mahi in a tomato base with a spicy kick.My main course was a fabulous walnut Gorgonzola salad with plentiful juicy blackened shrimp-yum!Dinner companions were very pleased with the clam chowder,blackened mahi special with perfectly done fresh veggies & a crab cake sandwich.Gigi was a lovely server.All in all a winner!!Don't hesitate.Great value as well.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

We stopped by the fish house for lunch and had a wonderfully tasty meal with some interesting culinary twists. The lunch fare here is truly great food with a neat twist. The service was very good as well.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

We go to the Fish House Grill regularly when we visit Wrightsville Beach. We sit on the deck and watch the boats, the people, and the birds -- and, if the draw bridge goes up, that too.
We do not go for the food, which is OK and which has improved since my Jan 2015 review -- it now has more variety. My wife regularly orders a Mahi taco; I ordered the Big Kahuna (which is NC barbeque), and my son had a fried combo of shrimp and oysters (his was $19.50, mine $9.50, my wife's $12). It was all fine.
The draft beer selection has been good here for a while -- about 6-8 beers, many from the Carolinas, with a good deal of variety. My son had a Mother Earth (which has Belgian overtones); I, as usual, had the Gaelic Ale, which I find rich and flavorful.
The (sweetened or un-) ice tea is good, and unlimited.
To me, this restaurant is all about place (and view); the food is good, as long as your demands are not high or fresh; the beers can be delicious; and the service is friendly. I find it a perfect lunch place.
There is a bar inside, with a couple of TVs on sports -- a pleasant looking place.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

My daughter and shared a combo platter. Shrimp, flounder, coleslaw and fries. Nothing spectacular nor fresh. We ordered side of fried oysters which were ok. Enjoyed listening to live music from another restaurant across the inlet. Seating was fun, by the marina. We watched the bridge open to let a barge through.

1  Thank Margaret S
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Nice views of the water and very fresh fish would highly recommend.fish and chips were delicious reasonably priced. Friendly staff