“OK but, not what we were expecting!!!”

Jameson Inn Wilmington
Ranked #27 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 14 August 2015 via mobile

We stayed at the Jameson Inn for 2 nights, on our 3 day. We decided to stayed half of the day inside the room, while in there we discovered a very strong odor like a mold, and was coming from the carpet, close to the bed, my husband started coughing and having shortness of breath. Long story short!!! We packed our belongings and we spent the night down the road. Definitely!!! We will NOT coming back.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Jameson W, General Manager at Jameson Inn Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2015

Ladybug,
Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to see that there was an issue with your room. We would have been more than happy to provide you with a different room, then have any issue with that carpet be treated by professional carpet cleaners. We do hope that you will give us an opportunity to give you perfect stay should you find yourself in Wilmington again.

Reviewed 9 August 2015 via mobile

This hotel shouldn't even charge. The rooms are outdated, the sheets were stained, the hotel has a foul odor and the staff is not friendly. They also gave out false information when I called to ask them a question earlier in the day. Claims to be pet friendly hotel; however, your pet deserves to stay somewhere nicer than this! Save your money! I wish I had gone down the street. Plenty more hotels around and looked much nicer than this one!

Stayed: August 2015

Ej,
We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I would love to have an opportunity to speak with you about the specifics of the mis-information that was given so that we can correct it, so that it does not happen again. I am disappointed that we were unable to provide the exemplary level of service and quality that we pride ourselves on.

Reviewed 6 August 2015 via mobile

Amazing hotel. Great condition good character and great staff. Stayed one night and accidently held a smoking room . a little concerned and for no reason smelled fine. Huge bed easy to find . great breakfast. Two days later I came back to area and wound up at a different hotel.. Bugs all over the room at 1 am!!! Called Jameson. Room available great service room perfect . great save by Jameson ! Will be back

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Siryn0820

Siryn,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stays at our hotel. We appreciate that you will be coming back to stay with us again! I will also be sure to let my staff know that their characters and their customer service have been noticed.

Reviewed 20 July 2015 via mobile

I had to stay overnight in Wilmington unexpectedly, and found myself trying to choose from the various hotels in the area without going totally broke. I am SO GLAD that I chose the Jameson Inn! Everything was absolutely perfect. The hotel and grounds were beautifully kept and clean, the front desk staff was warm & welcoming, my room was immaculate, the bed was SOOO comfy, the room was quiet, the pool was fantastic, and the breakfast was scrumptious! (waffles, selection of muffins/bagels/toast, bananas, microwaveable egg & cheese bagels, cereal) I can't remember ever being more pleased with a hotel stay! I will definitely recommend and return if I get the chance! Thank you!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
4  Thank SarahSunnie
Jameson W, General Manager at Jameson Inn Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2015

Greeting SarahSunnie!

Thank you very much for the positive feedback you provided us with. We were very glad to hear that you were pleased with the service and our hotel facilities during your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you the next time you travel through Wilmington.

Reviewed 13 July 2015

Double beds? Haven't seen those for awhile. Outdated but clean. Employees were pleasant; however, clientele, not. There were pot smokers on our floor, that was obvious. Good in a pinch. Good location.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Dear DlisTraveler,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on our hotel in Wilmington, NC. We appreciate all feedback that we receive. We have the option of rooms with 2 double beds or 1 king size bed in our standard rooms. We take great care in making sure that all of our rooms are very clean, and we love that you noticed. I am disappointed to hear that there were other guests on your floor that were violating our smoking policy. Thank you also for the compliments on my staff, they work hard to insure that all guests are treated like family.