“Excellent seafood dinner date”

Boathouse Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 732 Restaurants in Wilmington
Price range: US$0 - US$19
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

Wonderful! Will definitely come back next visit to Wilmington. Great tasting and fresh seafood. Server, Louis, was superior. Will ask for him next time. Prices were very reasonable.

1  Thank dmatthews120

Reviewed 8 May 2017

I was only here for lunch but their offerings were great. I had the fried scallops they were cooked perfectly! The rest of my party had the flounder and filets were huge and they said wrere excellent. The atmosphere is very laid back and casual. I have also heard the breakfest is great. I would recommend for a quick lunch or breakfest.

1  Thank ZachBacker54
Reviewed 5 May 2017

I go there quite often, having lunch with friends. Love the fried shrimp. Friendly atmosphere. Always an enjoyable visit.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

If I could give a zero star I would, one of the worst meals I've ever had. It took an hour and 30 minutes for the food to get here, and it below mediocre. Frozen Mahi-Mahi on a plate with cold, bland, frozen fries. The Mahi was supposed to have a mango chutney but when I got the food it was nowhere to be found. I also ordered a side of fruit that never came. The atmosphere would have been great if it was the year 1956. Overall a terrible experience and I will never be dining at Boathouse again!

I made a facebook account just to give a bad review on this sub-par establishment.

2  Thank Bob J
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Place was packed when we arrived around 6pm on a Friday night, so no surprises there. Had a fairly new girl waiting on us, so she forgot my wife's side dish multiple times so she just did without. Waitress was very friendly though. Food was hit and miss. Peel and eat shrimp were fantastic. Broiled shrimp were bleh... I tried to order salt and pepper catfish. It never saw salt or pepper. Kids meals were available, typical burger, corn dog, mac and cheese, kids shrimp options. I'd probably have to pass on a next visit because all this for an $81 bill... plus tip.

1  Thank donaldsV7985SF