“Fresh Oysters and the Best She Crab Soup!”

Hieronymus Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 702 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2016

I was told that this was one of the best restaurants in Wilmington for seafood. This information was correct. I did not expect to find she crab soup on the menu. I love she crab soup. I decided to try it and also steamed oysters. The oysters were very fresh and easy to open. The best part of the meal was the she crab soup. Just the right consistency. Very flavorful and just a hint of sherry. I could have eaten 2 bowls. The service was very good. The waiter was very attentive to our needs. I cannot wait to return for another meal.

Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

Came to Wilmington, NC to visit UNCW and spend some time at the beach. Hieronmyus was close to our hotel and easy to find. Great seafood and service. Took care of my gluten free needs and answered all my questions. Everyone was very friendly and everyone in our group loved their meals.

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

The food was good but could not be enjoyed due to noise!!! My ears were ringing for hours just from talking decibels. Unreal!!

9  Thank Rhonda M
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

Excellent. And fresh!! We have visited before. We had lunch today. Fish is local and delicious. Sat at bar and great service. Good oysters!!!

Reviewed 16 July 2016

Their variation of Oysters Rockefeller was absolutely delicious due to the very fresh oysters and flavors. Fried pumpkin blossoms, fried shrimp, tilefish cooked perfectly. No complaints at all.