“excellent food”

Sea Captain's Calabash
Ranked #464 of 741 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 18 November 2015

I had really good fried flounder and popcorn shrimp, the atmosphere was excellent, owner came to check on us, recommend

Reviewed 3 November 2015

Did not know what to expect but the fish was fresh & not greasy at all....We had good service & would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 1 October 2015

Went for lunch on Sunday and had fried spots with 2 sides.

The food was excellent with the exception of the spots being a little greasy, but It definetly deserves 4 stars.

The restaurant itself is very roomy and was clean.

Our server was very good and prompt!

My wife and I will definitely return in the future.

Reviewed 12 August 2015

We really enjoyed the seafood. We both got the fried seafood platters, and all of the seafood was fresh and properly cooked. The waitress was friendly and attentive. Wasn't a fan of the cole slaw, but they make it themselves, so at least it was fresh.

Tables were clean, the bathrooms were clean, and the interior is attractive, with a fireplace and tasteful décor.

The only thing I'd change is the country music. Because it's a seafood place, maybe they should ax the country music and play some beach music instead. Not everyone enjoys country.

1  Thank A H
Reviewed 29 July 2015

This was our first visit here. The seafood was good. Had combination platter of white fish and scallops. My friend had shrimp and scallops. The portions were ample. The cole slaw is the stringy cabbage, not cut fine, so we did not like it. The combination platters were more expensive than other seafood places in the area that we have visited. The server was nice and attentive. My date said the men's restroom was very clean. But I can say that we may not go back. We have another favorite place locally for good seafood, at better prices.