Residence Inn Winston-Salem University Area
Brookstown Inn(Winston Salem)
US$119
US$115
Hotels.com
Best Western Plus Hanes Mall Hotel(Winston Salem)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$137
US$125
Hampton.com
US$123
US$114
Kimpton Cardinal Hotel(Winston Salem)
US$212
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
Graylyn Estate(Winston Salem)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbreakfast ladiesfull kitchenwake forestpenthouse suitefront desklong term staythe entire staffhome away from homeuniversity areaturkey sausageeach morningbasketball courtbreakfast roomsofa bedchecking inroom was spotlessliving area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The service at this location is GREAT!! The ladies in the dining area during breakfast are AWESOME! They go above and beyond to make sure we are well taken care of. We come from Atlanta on holidays to visit family and we always choose this location because of the service. The cleaning staff is always very helpful as well A big shout out to Theresa, Precious, Cynthia and Yolanda!! They always make us feel so at home. I feel like we should tip them but there’s no container to leave a tip. They certainly deserve it!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
G Annie H, General Manager at Residence Inn Winston-Salem University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We are committed to being Great in Service! Your enthusiasm regarding your Experience at the Residence Inn Winston-Salem University is the best feedback for our Team. We set high expectations, and with our Star Team, we work to surpass them. Thank You for choosing to stay with us, and giving us the opportunity to host your Family at this Location.`

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I came along with my husband who was working down here for the week. The breakfast buffet was a good way to start the day, lots of different choices. I especially liked the turkey sausage ! The morning ladies (Precious, Yolanda and Theresa) were very nice and very accommodating. Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 6 - 7:30pm Cynthia mans the buffet room for wine, beer and happy hour food. Sweet treats and good food and great staff. The room was nice but most importantly the bed was very comfortable (nice and firm). I would definitely come back again if my husband has to travel down here.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Carol G - Our Property specializes in hosting Families traveling on Business to the Winston-Salem Area. The Team is committed to serving our Guests and making their stay with us one that exceeds their expectations. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and telling us about your experience. We look forward to hosting you again in your Future Visits to the Winston-Salem Area.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

I could take .5 points off because of dust in the vents in my bathroom but I just can’t. The check-in with Shareah (think that’s her name) to the cookies and brownies at the front desk, to the very spacious room and the location to WFU, I couldn’t have picked a better choice. I booked with my AAA rate but since I was going to WFU, Shareah gave us the Wake Forest Univ. rate. College is expensive and every little bit of savings helps tremendously.

Breakfast: Nice assortment, very clean. I wasn’t too hungry but I had an English muffin a little bit of eggs and tea. Theresa who was the hostess in the room, she is a GODSEND. Many families were there visiting Wake Forest and she was giving words of encouragement, praying with people, serving people... right now my son is waiting for an answer from Wake Forest. Theresa prayed and gave us such a pep talk that even if Wake Forest doesn’t work out, we know that God has another plan. My son smiled a big smile and I did too. We made our sign of the cross, hugged Ms Theresa and made our way over to Wake Forest which is about a 8 min drive. If our son makes it in, and the money is right, we will definitely be back to this hotel. Marriott, thank you for hiring a team of awesome people.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
G Annie H, General Manager at Residence Inn Winston-Salem University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

OriginalNasQ - We apologize for your experience with the vents being dirty, as we are committed to exceeding our guest's expectations in Quality and Service. We do thank you for highlighting the Service Performance of our Team. Shaleah and Theresa are part of our Star Team, and we value their commitment to Serving our Guests. We hope to host you on your return visits to the Winston-Salem Area.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

What a wonderful pick for our anniversary. We wanted a quiet, cozy location to celebrate our anniversary. Residence Inn Winston-Salem University Area was perfect. There is shopping, restaurants, and attractions near this location for when we wanted to venture out. But the breakfast staff was the highlight of my stay. Ms. Cynthia, Ms. Precious, Ms. Theresa, and Ms. Yolanda are incredibly personable and friendly, yet very professional. Most people you meet are on one end of the spectrum, but they all have an amazing back at sticking the perfect balance. The most pleasant and accommodating people I've have the pleasure of meeting in a while. I will assuredly be back for my birthday weekend. The trip from Fayetteville was well worth it. Marriott is extremely fortunate to have these ladies as team members, I hope they value them.

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms may not be suitable if you are resting & relaxing, your upstairs neighbors may not be mindful that you are downstairs.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
G Annie H, General Manager at Residence Inn Winston-Salem University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Kalishabercrombie - Congratulations on your Anniversary! We enjoy sharing Special Events with our Guest, and it appears as if your Stay was a Successful one. The Breakfast Ladies have been a huge part of our Service History, and have made providing Memorable Service a mainstay of this Property. Thank you for recognizing the individual Ladies within that Group. We look forward to hosting you for your Birthday Weekend, and thank you for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn Winston-Salem University.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

We stayed at this hotel for one night, 3/13/18. All of the staff was very accommodating and friendly. We especially enjoyed the Complimentary wine, salad and hamburgers grilled outside, which was featured as a Tuesday night special. Cynthia and Jackie were so friendly and provided excellent service.

The room was very clean and the outside landscape was well maintained.

The decor and furnishings could be updated. The bed was very comfortable and the linens luxurious. We

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
G Annie H, General Manager at Residence Inn Winston-Salem University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

Candace E - Cynthia and Jackie are an amazing duo, which is highlighted at the Tuesday Social Mix. The "Off the Grill" Event is very popular with our Guests, so we are happy that you had a great experience. We look forward to hosting you again in the Future, and thank you for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn Winston-Salem University.