See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 July 2018

I stayed at the same hotel about 3 years ago and the hotel itself was terrible. I left a review and they offered me a comp room. Years later, it has improved with paint and the mildew spell was not a problem this trip. However, I only needed an overnight stay to attend a funeral. NOT worth the $78 they attempted to charge. Called Expedia for a refund of the difference of $53 that I had originally booked online.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

We are happy you were overall pleased with your stay this time, but we are sorry it was not quite perfect. We encourage you to try us again on your next trip when in the area. We are confident you will have a better experience.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Room smaller than pictured. Almost no amenities in room. Had to ask for plates, glasses, cutlery etc. Never got a coffee pot. Three lights were missing lightbulbs. Had to submit a work order and they never got to it.... in three days. Finally got 1 from front desk... and they acted put out. Won’t be back no matter the price.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Reed, please accept my sincere apology for the difficulties you encountered with your room. We appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention and assure you that corrective measures have been taken. Our team's first priority is making sure that every guest has a comfortable stay, and this time we really missed the mark. To ensure cleanliness of kitchenware upon check-in, brand standards require us to make these items available at the front desk rather than leaving them in the suites. We truly regret the inconvenience it caused. We hope you will consider and give us an opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I stay in a hotel one night every week for business. I usually stay at a Best Western or La Quinta and pay $70-$90 a night.

I got this room on a $35 Priceline special.

The room was worth $35. The staff was courteous but annoyed that I wanted to check in at noon. I know check in is technically at 3pm but as a business traveler La Quinta and Best Western have always accommodated my early checkin needs if they have a room available. Apparently Extended Suites has a policy of charging $25 plus tax for early checkin.

Some observations without comment:
Cons
* stained Showtime flyer on bedside table.
* The area right outside the door where you park your car is littered with trash, cigarette butts, and poison ivy.
* Two of the lamps did not work rendering the room dark.
* The wifi did not work.
* lamps oddly rusted
* bed linens were scratchy

Pro:
* The bathroom was clean
* the AC worked well.
* kitchen area was clean

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Lauren, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you had and for not meeting some of your expectations. We want you to know that we are making adjustments and working to deliver better hospitality going forward. We would like to regain your trust and hope you will give us that chance in the future.

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

I went with friends to play some golf. I was very disappointed with this hotel..it looks very nice from the outside. It is very outdated once inside . There were no dishes cutlery toaster or coffee maker in the room as was advertised. The carpet was in need of a good shampoo. The taps leaked the drawers of the chest needed to be fixed .The bed was ok but the pillows were a little worn. All in all I was not impressed. I guess you get what you pay for . Unfortunately I would give this hotel a 2 or 3 star . Too bad it is in a great area .

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Please accept our sincerest apologies for not living up to your expectations which led to a disappointing stay. We want every guest who stays with us to have a comfortable experience and to depart with a lasting favorable impression, but we are extremely sorry we failed in doing so while you were here. We will share your concerns with the appropriate teams in an effort to improve the mentioned areas. Please consider choosing us again so we can restore your faith in us.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

The staff at Extended Stay America "Hanes Mall Blvd." were amazing! It was a pleasant extended stay. It was a quiet environment and any amenities that you need including kitchenware; they were there to make your stay comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Marquis, thanks so much for confirming to future travelers what a great choice we are. We are delighted to read the service provided by our courteous associates made your stay memorable and that you enjoyed having a kitchenette in your room. It was a pleasure hosting you at Extended Stay America, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.