All reviews ws hotel would stay here again front desk staff waffles room was clean wake forest university spa fitzroy lobby convention
Reviewed 17 June 2018

Seriously couldn’t ask for friendlier & more helpful people. Also the room was clean, beds comfy, best pillows ever & beautiful pool area. Breakfast had a huge variety, plenty of seating & food was very good!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
jonnyrh, General Manager at Best Western Plus University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Thank you for your excellent review of the Best Western PLUS University Inn. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us from our amazing staff to your newly renovated and well appointed room.

We are so happy to see that you enjoyed your newly renovated room right down to the mattress and pillows! We carefully chose each furnishing for maximum comfort. We want each of our guests to enjoy a a great stay, while enjoying some of the comforts of home. We are happy to hear this was your experience.

Thank you for joining us for a delicious complimentary breakfast. We have a wonderful variety of hot and cold dishes for our guests to start their day correctly! There are fresh bread and pastries, yogurt and fruit, a variety of teas and hot coffee. We will always try our best to accommodate if there is any request you might have.

We hope that they provided you with excellent customer service. They strive to assure each guest has what they need to make their stay memorable. They go above and beyond to help our guests and always with a smile. They are the heart of this hotel and are happy to see that their professionalism shone through.

We look forward to welcome you back for another five-star the next time you find yourself in the area. Until then.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

This is a Best Western in transition and it was a delight to stay and see how it is being transformed. The staff were very helpful and friendly, the room was spacious and quiet, and I particularly liked the displayed art work in the room and the hallways which were unique and interesting. The hotel is centerally located and easy to navigate to downtown Winston-Salem. I would stay again and be eager to see its final transformation.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
jonnyrh, General Manager at Best Western Plus University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Thank you for your excellent review of the Winston Salem Hotel and Spa. We are thrilled to see how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

We have been undergoing extensive renovations so that we may put our best foot forward and deliver an excellent experience for our guests. We are almost there! We thank all our patrons for their patience and understanding.

We are thrilled to see all our hard work is paying off and that you enjoyed all aspects of our newly renovated public spaces and guest rooms. We like to think of our rooms as a small oasis to return to at the end of the day with some of the amenities and comforts of home.

We are happy to know that you were treated to the top-notch customer service we are known for. Our staff works diligently to deliver a great experience for each of our guests. We are happy to know that this was your experience.

Location is key and we are fortunate to be centrally located to the university, the business district and a variety of shopping and dining in the area.

We look forward to welcoming you back when we are fully dressed to impress and earn our fifth star. Until then.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Perfect hotel for Wake Forest Graduation. A year ago I booked this hotel for my sons graduation even though the reviews were not good and they were under construction. I was hopeful that all would improve by 5/19 and it did. The lobby is complete and beautiful. My room was new and beds were very comfortable ( my back did not hurt and i need the brand of the mattress) there were some issues with the machine cutting the keys which is going to be replaced but the staff is so friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good and lots of options. The dining area is clean and big. The best part was the convenience to Wake Forest less than mile to the school It is great to be so close as you will be going back and forth a number of times during graduation weekend.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your excellent review of the Best Western PLUS University Inn. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! It took us a little bit to make our hotel perfect for our guests to enjoy and we have finally completed all renovations.

We are thrilled you chose us for your stay during your son's graduation from Wake Forest. Congratulations to him and his accomplishments! We are so happy to see that you enjoyed your newly renovated room right down to the mattress! We carefully chose each furnishing for maximum comfort. We want each of our guests to enjoy a a great stay, while enjoying some of the comforts of home. We are happy to hear this was your experience.

We are glad to know that our convenient location was also part of your decision to stay with us. We are located in close proximity to the university, the business district and a wide variety of shopping and dining. If you have any questions regarding your stay in Austin, our staff is happy to help.

We hope that they provided you with excellent customer service. They strive to assure each guest has what they need to make their stay memorable. They go above and beyond to help our guests and always with a smile. They are the heart of this hotel and hope this shone through.

We apologize for the glitch with the room key. This has since been resolved.

We look forward to welcome you back for the opportunity to earn our fifth star the next time you find yourself in the area. Until then.

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Under a big renovation.
No one told me this when I made my reservation. We had to be moved to a different room and still problems with the 2nd room. The next day at check out we were told we would get a discount because of the problems and they would email our receipt. Never got an email.
Didn't see a charge on my debit card so I checked my credit card that was used to hold the room and it was charged. I had asked for my credit card not to be charged and gave them my debit card.
SO..I had a bad room, no discount and the wrong card charged with no receipt.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
jonnyrh, General Manager at Best Western Plus University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear 2781lois

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at the Winston Hotel and Spa.

My team and I dropped the ball in regard to your experience. I would like to speak with you personally to see how best we can remedy this unfortunate situation. I use this experience as a training tool for us to improve our overall team goal, which is to ensure that all guest have a positive experience.

Please call me directly, Fitzroy Grizzle General Manager, at 336-723-2911 ext 197 or email me at wshgm@wnwhospitality at your earliest convenience, I would love to speak to you some more about this situation.

Yours In Hospitality
F. Grizzle

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel is being renovated room by room as it transits into the Best Western Brand. Our room was renovated. Clean, new and bright, as was our friends staying next door.

We were greeted by wonderful staff. Theressa checked us in and Chantel learnt as it was her first day. They were helpful and polite.

Breakfast was simple but tasty.

The beds were really comfortable, the TV large. I would have given five stars except the lobby isn’t finished yet! I would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
jonnyrh, General Manager at Best Western Plus University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

We are happy to know that you were treated to the top-notch customer service we are known for. Our staff works diligently to deliver a great experience for each of our guests. We are honored to pass along your kudos to Chantel.