“Good sports bar/pub”

Ranked #91 of 691 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We stopped in here fairly late on a Sunday evening and got a great meal and beers, watched a little TV, and had good service. A good find close to Wake Forest.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Food was great and so was the service. Would be nice if they had frozen drinks, but otherwise things were good.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

My son saw Putters and said “no way.” I told him he had to trust me, “I’ve been here before.” Putters is a Wake Forest supporting, sports bar, dive-looking gem. It has great fajitas, burgers, sandwiches, and a nice staff. It is small and simple. My son had a patty melt. Served on rye bread. Fries and onion rings are basic and solid.
He loved it.
I was going to go for a grilled chicken breast with lemon-pepper and Matt (bartender/waiter) told me if I was going with chicken to go for the chicken philly. It was excellent.
Putters is casual, with good variety, and a friendly vibe. Don’t be fooled, or scared away, by the look. It’s a good stop in Winston-Salem near Wake.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

This place may not look like much, everything I've ordered here is excellent. Big, variety on menu. My favorite is buffalo chicken tenders and crispy, homemade potato chips. Burgers, sandwiches, salads are all good. Usually go for lunch although they have dinner availabile too.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

I love Putters. It never fails to please. The potato chips are the best in town. Ask for the gorgonzola dressing or their homemade ranch and you won't be disappointed. The chicken wings are spot on, and the beef here is the best in town without the high price tag one encounters elsewhere. Sometimes it is really nice to head out for something to eat in your favorite jeans and sweatshirt. Since this is a family owned and operated business, one of the Schultz boys will most likely greet you at the door and are diligent in making certain your expectations are met. Putters is just five minutes from downtown and well worth the trip!