“Tasty!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 March 2018

Very nice atmosphere and large menu. Everything I have had here has always been good. I love their salads...especially with the hot bacon dressing. This trip, I got the fish tacos which were extremely good! I got a side order of sweet potato fries with honey mustard sauce...delicious, although a bit overcooked. Our server was very attentive and our food came out in a timely manner.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

We went 30 minutes out of our way when traveling in order to go for lunch at this unparalleled spot! We used to visit this area regularly, but now no longer do so, so we took this opportunity to go back for a visit to our favorite W-S eatery. We had not been here for several years, but I'm happy to report it's still the wonderful, eclectic place we remember. Everything from the koi pond out front to the seating areas and restrooms have been well maintained. The wait staff and service were great, and the food still exceptional. I got iced red zinger tea and the house special salad with grilled chicken, but my very favorite things on the menu are Rob's special salad, and the curried chicken salad. The menu has much more than salads, though, and everything is so fresh and good. They also serve excellent desserts. I enjoyed every minute of my meal here, lost all objectivity, and totally forgot to take any pictures. Just take my word for it, the food is beautiful as well.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

West end cafe is somewhat of a casual neighborhood place even though there are other restaurants nearby. Lunch soups and sandwiches are fresh and filling. Dinner entrees offer something for everyone. Go during off peak times to avoid a long wait.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Early lunch on Friday, with only one other party in the adjacent booth right at opening time. Our server had both tables and seemed to be very familiar with the other party... chatting and laughing loudly with them. If that wasn't bad enough, one of the guys was playing video poker on his tablet or laptop... with the volume on!

Two out of three of our orders came out wrong... asked for no onions and got em anyway. Our server continued to fraternize with the booths around us as more folks came in... her voice so loud, that we could hardly carry on a conversation.

Our shrimp and oyster Po Boys were just ok, after we picked out the unwanted onions. That, and our boisterous server pretty much crossed West End Cafe from our list of possibilities in Winston-Salem.

1  Thank Topsailislander
Reviewed 14 November 2017

This is our goto restaurant when we travel thru Winston Salem. This is our 14th year of eating at this Cafe. The service is always great, They have a good beer menu. The food is always good. The Pork Porterhouse on this stop was amazing as well as the cheddar mashed potatoes. The CHOP was perfectly prepared and was moist and tender. The cheer wine BBQ sauce was great after my initial skepticism.