“Outstanding”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 21 February 2018

On a one night stopover in Winston Salem, we found Di Lisio's on Trip Advisor and decided to give it a try. We were amazed. The food (veal saltimbocca and a lobster tail dish) was just wonderful - very tasty, well presented and served hot. The service and attention were also excellent and the prices were very reasonable. We highly recommend.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Went there on recommendation from the front desk of the Brookstone inn. Coming from the New York area I was a little apprehensive about going to an Italian restaurant in Winston Salem. Wow, was I impressed, this small restaurant was as good as any place iv'e eaten at in little Italy. The wait staff was great an very enthusiastic about their job. I will definitely make sure to go there again next time in Winston Salem

1  Thank Larry B
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We had dinner here recently while staying at the hotel across the street. I guessed that this was a neighborhood Italian-American restaurant and, despite that no one I talked to lived anywhere nearby, it is: huge portions of various mix-and-match pastas/proteins and sauces that pass for Italian in the US. We unfortunately had to eat on a weekend; the estimated hour wait morphed into an hour and a half. The hostess was charming and apologetic. The bartender, ditto, although we were never able to get anywhere near the small (beer and wine only) bar to order something from him. When we finally were seated, our server Lisa was outstanding. She was everything a good, professional, experienced server ought to be. Our food, not so much.The shrimp in my pasta were so tough and stringy I could barely cut them with a knife. The veal was better but was over cooked. I don’t get why reviewers rave about the bread. We’ll try them again on a weekday and hope for better.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Amazing food, selection, and service! You’re going to have to wait for a table since they don’t take reservations, but the food is so worth waiting for! Get there early or late...

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

It was always busy and long wait during peak times and now I know why! The food was excellent and do was the staff. Excellent is this restaurant!