Silver Gull Motel
Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach(Wrightsville Beach)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$181
HolidayInn.com
  • Beachfront
Shell Island Resort(Wrightsville Beach)(Great Value!)
US$183
Blockade Runner Beach Resort(Wrightsville Beach)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$127
US$116
US$149
Surf Suites Motel(Wrightsville Beach)
Harbor Inn(Wrightsville Beach)
Waterway Lodge(Wrightsville Beach)
Sandpeddler Inn & Suites(Wrightsville Beach)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsocean frontfishing piercovered parkingprivate balconysmall kitchenettegreat balconycooking utensilsrenovated roomjohnny mercerwasher dryerthird floorstove toptwo double bedsfull size fridgeeasy access to beachrooms are largea great place to stay
Reviewed 5 April 2011

I found the Silver Gull quite by accident a few years ago and I have been coming to stay here ever since. The beautiful ocean is your back door and you can hear the waves slapping against the shore as a cool breeze circulates around your room. The ocean can be seen from every balcony and it makes you forget about all the problems you left behind. The staff is wonderfully welcoming and friendly and you wil find that your room is clean and cheerful. I feel this is one of the best values along the beach and the only suggestion I would like to offer is that a continental breakfast be available.

Room Tip: if u are visiting in summer, book your room early!
  • Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
5  Thank cheers_to_u
Reviewed 28 August 2010

My family and I have been coming here for years . The staff is always friendly and the rooms are clean. The beach is clean and people are friendly. Blaira Va.

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank MordenPirate
Reviewed 13 June 2010

My one and only problem with the Silver Gull was that they were charging the same rates as some of the larger resort hotels in Wrightsville Beach, but didn't have nearly as many amenities. For $9 more we could have stayed at Shell Beach Resort. Oh well, we just wanted to get changed and into the ocean.
Things I did like about this hotel: the room was clean and new. There was a small kitchenette (which we did not take advantage of, but will keep in mind for future reference), free wifi, close to a lot of things, not a lot of kids, friendly staff, coffee in the lobby, covered parking, small place, so not a lot of walking, nice beach. The best thing about it though, was the bathroom. Usually the bathroom is the downfall of an otherwise nice hotel room. It seems it's impossible to keep a hotel bathroom mildew free, but this place had not even a hint of mold or mildew anywhere. It was nicer than my bathroom at home, and nicer than a lot of Westins and Sheratons I've stayed in!
Things I didn't like: it was on a crowded part of the beach, expensive, the garage was small and crowded, 2-night minimum (which the front desk guy waived for us since they weren't very busy).

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bourgeois_Yuppie
Reviewed 25 May 2010

My boyfriend(from Iowa) and I(from Minnesota) decided on a last minute road trip to North Carolina. He had been there before, I never had. After driving 18 hours straight into Asheville, we stayed at a Motel 6. It was mediocre, and we only really needed to stay there to sleep for the night. After touring the Biltmore Estate that day, we headed to Wrightsville Beach. We arrived around 1 a.m. and were incredibly exhausted. I actually used my cell phone and texted Google for "cheap hotels in Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina". After driving to the recommended motels and being very disappointed (we were in search of a place on the beach!) we came across the Silver Gull Motel. The service was tremendous, and we felt as though we were both at home and comfortable. Pitch black outside, we pulled into the parking lot and only focused on getting checked in and hitting the hay. Well, little did we know that the Silver Gull was DIRECTLY on the beach. We stayed for 3 nights and the information the front desk gave us kept us very busy and entertained. The motel is in a great spot, we walked to a cute little cafe where we ate a delicious lunch, walked to a fun diner with a live band, and again, walked to a small clothing shop we both enjoyed. This was my favorite trip so far in my life and is the reason why I am planning on moving to North Carolina after I graduate. I had to get this all out there so people understand just HOW amazing the Silver Gull Motel made is!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Wilkak
Reviewed 25 April 2010

The Silver Gull is a great place to stay while in Wrightsville Beach. The hotel is located right next to the beach and close to the main part of town. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room, recently renovated, was spacious and clean with a nice balcony. All in all, a great place to stay while hitting the lovely beaches of North Carolina.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends