My one and only problem with the Silver Gull was that they were charging the same rates as some of the larger resort hotels in Wrightsville Beach, but didn't have nearly as many amenities. For $9 more we could have stayed at Shell Beach Resort. Oh well, we just wanted to get changed and into the ocean.
Things I did like about this hotel: the room was clean and new. There was a small kitchenette (which we did not take advantage of, but will keep in mind for future reference), free wifi, close to a lot of things, not a lot of kids, friendly staff, coffee in the lobby, covered parking, small place, so not a lot of walking, nice beach. The best thing about it though, was the bathroom. Usually the bathroom is the downfall of an otherwise nice hotel room. It seems it's impossible to keep a hotel bathroom mildew free, but this place had not even a hint of mold or mildew anywhere. It was nicer than my bathroom at home, and nicer than a lot of Westins and Sheratons I've stayed in!
Things I didn't like: it was on a crowded part of the beach, expensive, the garage was small and crowded, 2-night minimum (which the front desk guy waived for us since they weren't very busy).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're visiting the coast for business or pleasure, we'll make certain your stay at The Silver Gull in beautiful Wrightsville Beach is one you'll long remember. Only a wide beach stands between you and the majestic Atlantic Ocean. Restaurants, shops, and Johnnie Mercer's Pier are within walking distance. The Silver Gull it all - convenience, comfort, and best yet, that personal touch. So come see us. We're open year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Silver Gull Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Gull Hotel Wrightsville Beach
- Silver Gull Wrightsville Beach