The Blockade Runner is showing its age (we had some issues with outlets and refrigerators not working, and there were a few cosmetic issues in the room due to water damage) but the service was top notch. Valet parking, complimentary shuttles, amazing free breakfast buffet, and awesome beach attendants. Everyone on staff was friendly and helpful. When we reported issues with our fridge they sent someone up immediately to take care of things.
I was impressed with the comfort of the beds and pillows (much better than most hotels) and the awesome water pressure in the showers.
My group of 13 visited for a bachelorette weekend and this resort was a perfect fit. The adjoining rooms and service would also make for a great return trip with family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blockade Runner is uniquely located on Wrightsville Beach Island, North Carolina’s accessible outer-bank. On the east side, the resort fronts the Atlantic Ocean with a wide sandy beach while the west side fronts an Intracoastal Waterway harbor and anchorage. The resort offers the most complete water related activities possible. Our famous Blockade Runner full service breakfast is included for all guest including groups (not applicable to cottage groups). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Blockade Runner Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blockade Runner Wrightsville Beach
- Blockade Runner Hotel Wrightsville Beach